Road Glide banner

Should I get a Throttle Body and Injectors??

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  prodrag1320 
#1 ·
I am having CNC heads put on my 103" that are ported and polished and they have bigger valves, I am keeping the compression ratio at 10:1 to 1 so I am wondering if the 58MM throttle body with upgraded injectors would be beneficial or will the stock 50MM TB and injectors work well with this upgrade? I do a lot of touring and I don't hot rod to much (I get on it now and then) but I like the power to pull on long grades and to pass without downshifting.

#2 ·
Depends on a lot of factors . First call an engine builder. Second more than likely you can port your current tb and use the current injectors. My brothers 124 has the 5.3g injectors and works really well. He also has the 58mm th and works well. Try porting the Tb first and run look at injectors later.

#5 ·
From what info I am looking up the stock will be fine for the build that I will have so I am going to stick with the 50 mm for now.

G
#7 ·
when thinking of a larger TB,give thought to where you want the power,if its down low,stick with the stocker.if your looking for high RPM power,a bigger TB is the ticket,but one thing alot of riders/builder overlook is runner size,bigger runners on a smaller TB will make more of a CFM increase than a bigger TB with stock sized runners

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.