Road Glide banner

So... like... am I the only one???

9K views 42 replies 40 participants last post by  dsenger 
#1 ·
Whose butt is happy with a stock seat??? I've put 10k on my RGU since 8/9 of last year, and have had zero issues with the stock saddle. My previous bike, an '06 Electra Glide Standard, I went thru a good 6 seats until I found one that wasn't torture. Curious what others have run into...

#27 ·
I was happy but she wasn't so I opted for a Sundowner. Now no one has a complaint.

#33 ·
I read all the complaints about OEM seats on here and realize how lucky I am that my well padded arse and the stock 2011 RGC seat get along just fine. When my butt says it's time to stop and get off for 10 -15 minutes, my knees or some other part of me (bladder!) is typically plenty ready to take that break too.

#34 ·
I've been happy with the stock seat, although I have added a HD backrest and the HD "Circulator" mesh seat pad. I put 4,400 miles on it one week last month. Stopped about ever 2 to 2 1/2 hours, but the seat was never the limiting factor.

I think that the Circulator is roughly the functional equivalent to a sheepskin cover, but have had several riders tell me that there simply is no equivalent to the sheepskins. I can't offer any experience.

#36 ·
I have no complaints at all with the stock seat. I like the height and the reach is fine. I've ridden a couple hundred miles with no discomfort at all. I'd like to add both rider and passenger back rests though. Now the stock bars...that's a totally different story!

#37 ·
Over 90,000 miles on my '05 Glide with stock seat(s). I say "seat(s)" because after about 50k miles the original stock seat had holes worn in the outer cover from getting on and off the bike. I purchased another stock seat off Ebay and put it on......same results after 40k. I'm thinking about taking one of them to an automotive upholstery shop and see if they can recover it.....might be cheaper than just keep buying seats.

I've still got the original seat on my '12 Glide and don't currently have any plans to change it out.

#39 ·
my stock seat is great for about the first 300 miles. For longer trips I added the Airhawk cover and my a$$ had no complaints at all!!

#41 ·
I wanted a bit more legroom, so had my stock seat modified at Mean City Cycle. I'm less than an hour away so I could ride in and have the work done while I waited.

For those wanting some mods, I do recommend Mean City. I have 21k miles on the modified seat in 14 months. Several 600+ mile days.

If I hadn't needed more legroom, would probably have stayed with it as stock.... it's basically a good seat as is, imo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.