Road Glide banner

Factory Oil

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  1st Sgt 
#1 ·
I have just received my 2012 Road Glide Ultra but since my location is Rural Northern Japan and my RGU is a state side build it is up to me for the initial service. My question is what oil is in the engine/gear box when the bikes leave the factory? I would like to start my RGU but don't know what oil is inside... The bike will get its initial svc but it won't be until I Return stateside next September. Any insight would be a judge help...

#3 · (Edited)
you sure about that? i thought they had dino 20/50 in the engine and formula + in the primary and transmission....

regardless, you do not have to use exactly what they used. use a good engine oil, there's many out there, mobil1, royal purple, redline etc..., formula + works well for the primary, though you could use many different oils for that as well. i use rotella t 15/40, and use gear oil for they tranny. some folks use 75/140 to quiet it down, i've been using 75/90 and it's not been too noisy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.