Road Glide banner

Harley Manuals

47K views 55 replies 44 participants last post by  IWTFYMITA 
#1 ·
#11 ·
older road-glides consideration

Are manuals, parts and other info available for 1980 FLT tour glide (are Road and Tour synonymous?). If i am in the wrong place can you help me to the right place? I am trying to locate gasket?o-rings for 1980 FLT Tour Glide. drain plugs and Derby cover gasket. The HARLEY DEALER HERE IS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL AND CONSIDER THE BIKE OBSOLETE. ALSO A GOOD SERVICE MANUAL LOCATION/LINK. TKS IN ADVANCE. BBSAMOT69

#19 ·
Are manuals, parts and other info available for 1980 FLT tour glide (are Road and Tour synonymous?). If i am in the wrong place can you help me to the right place? I am trying to locate gasket?o-rings for 1980 FLT Tour Glide. drain plugs and Derby cover gasket. The HARLEY DEALER HERE IS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL AND CONSIDER THE BIKE OBSOLETE. ALSO A GOOD SERVICE MANUAL LOCATION/LINK. TKS IN ADVANCE. BBSAMOT69
I just look in my old books. I have Official Harley Part Catalogs dating back to 1941 (Not Sportster. Only FL).

#20 ·
HA! I added a Retaining Ring, Part #11143, for my clutch lever pin, 89 cents. Sweet, beats going to the hardware store and digging for the right size. Well, 10 bucks for shipping...not worth it. But that site is very helpful. Did you see the price on a stock stereo? $790 wow.

#21 ·
2013 manual

I've historically used the Clymer or Haynes manual, besides the Harley. I found they each had suggestions the other manual didn't have. Anyway, I've just purchased a new '13 Road Glide Ultra and I'm having trouble find a manual that covers the 2013, beside the Harley manual I can get from my local dealer. Any suggestions?

By the way, I've ridden Harleys for over 10 years, which included an '89 I rebuilt, putting in an S&S 113 and 6 spd, also an '02 Road King SE and an old sporty......I bought the Road Glide and it was the most uncomfortable bike of them all. I had to of course, put the long handle bars on it, different wind shield and road pegs. I'm over 6'3 and weigh about 240lbs. I've also put Mustang seats and Progressive shocks on all my other scooters, as well ad Thunderheaders 2 into 1, which helps a ton on the torque and sound. Also put in stage 1 and then a racing tuner and the upgraded cams.......really helped with tuning and torque. Anyway, I need that manual big time, I have found it does help with the Harley manual and the Haynes manual too. Thanks for any suggestions. I ride with the ALR, by the way, if any other brothers are out there with a Road Glide.

#22 ·
Best bet is to just buy the Harley Factory manual. Try online to save a couple bucks. Surdykes is where i picked mine up. Saw this was your first post so Welcome from Iowa!!!!!

#26 · (Edited)
Anybody need a 2010 H-D Touring Models Service Manual #99483-10? Cover has a few scratches, Bumppon top of spine, no torn pages and all foldout wiring diagrahms intact. In the mail stream for $35.00 or ?? PayPal works good for me. In South Dakota.

Attachments

#32 ·
I bought a new manual for my 2013 RGC from the dealership. The first time i used it some of the pages in the front started to fall out. It looks like they were not glued in good enough. $65 for a new in the plastic manual and it's falling apart every time i use it. Anybody know how i might fix this without screwing up the pages?