Road Glide banner

Ultimate Solo Seat

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Rgrwrench 
#1 ·
I hope that this posts...I seem to have issues posting to the forum...I will try this again...

Today I took a trip to Daytona with some friends to try out some solo seats. I was sold on the vintage mustang solo since I had this seat in the past and it rocked.

We decided to check out Corbin. Corbin is a high quality seat that is very pricey. Looks sexy on the Shark, but it did not feel "$700 good" in my opinion. We headed to the next location to check out the mustang seat. We noticed an Ultimate seats sign and thought we should check it out.

I have read very limited reviews on the Ultimate seats in the Harley community, however each review was stellar. Leslie Williams at Ultimate was great and let me throw on a seat and take it for a ride. It was a phenomenal seat and very similar to the mustang seat. I was sold immediately. I purchased the seat on the spot and put +150 miles on it.

Another good thing about Ultimate, is constructed with a slot for a back rest. So if funds are slim, you can get the seat and purchase the backrest at a later date. With mustang your only option is to get the seat with the back rest or spend extra money on a special order. You must special order the seat with a back rest slot, if you do not feel like dumping $500+ for the seat and back rest. I must admit that Mustang is a great seat, but I feel that Ultimate is of equal quality and cost less.

It was like sitting on the Glide for the first time...you know that is the best bike. Ultimate seat felt the same way for me...great seat!

I am looking forward to putting many miles on the Ultimate Seat. Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Cruiser Motor vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#4 ·
I bought a TP relocator bracket from them. Ill have to check out the seats. Am pretty sold on the corbin solo w/ touring pillion. I found that after putting on the 2inch relocator bracket, gf is sitting in a hole. Not sure if there is a seat out there that goes back further than the stock ultra seat to make up for this.

#5 ·
For all your Corbin needs you need to get with Jon at Horny Toad HD and let him get you a price. I'm about to order another Classic Solo with drivers backrest from him at a great price. With Corbin if you are willing to wait 3-4 weeks you can choose the material (leather versus vinyl) that you want your seat to be covered in. For short legged folks they offer a close version (most styles) which gets you closer to the bars !! Corbin is the way to go for me. I've been riding them for a long time now and you can't beat the support you get for those long rides. Just my opinion anyway !!

#6 · (Edited)
How does the sitting position with the Ultimate vary for the stock seat? Does it lower you? Move you back away from the tank? Any widebodies on here own one? One thing I've learned is that the seat that's perfect for the the 170 pound rider usually doesn't work for someone who's 250+. Any feedback?

#7 ·
Northwoods....I am a smaller guy at 5'9 and about 190...the ultimate also has a "tall boy" model that would work for taller riders. The seat itself is 16" wide, which is one of the wider solo seats. I think that mustang makes a 17incher with the Super Solo Vintage Seat. If you get the chance, I think the best bet is to ride the seat or find a person with the seat to try. Keep in mind that with every seat, there is a break in period, so the initial feel is always a bit hard. Ultimate seat also has a 14 return policy from t.he time of receipt, so you can try one and return it if it is not for you....

On another note, my buddy that went with me went with the Corbin Hollywood seat model because it was not as "cushioned/bulky"...he is well over 230 and well over 6"... So it is really a preference. I am not sure how his tail will feel after a few hours, but it looks great.

I have owned mustang and ultimate, so those to seats are the model I prefer. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.