Road Glide banner

Take off wheel question

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Willy 
#1 ·
I may have a chance at a set of new street glide/RGC take off wheels and tires, still waiting on an answer from the dealer. They are getting in contact with three other customers that may want to sell their stock wheels. I was picking the GM's brain as to what he thought they might be asking and he said "a grand" I told him that I would not pay that price. What would be a fair price for these, I see them on ebay anywhere from $350 to over $500, and if I end up with a non ABS set what do the new bearings cost and is this something I could do myself. How tuff is it to do the wheel swap, I have the spoke wheels om my Ultra now and have gotten tired of cleaning them. Thanks for any advice or opinions.

#2 ·
Wait or post on this forum that you want some. A grand is freakin rediculous. I am selling my front tire to someone right now for 140 shipped to him. Its a rim and tire off a custom with about 4000 miles on it. Be patient on here and you'll find great deals.

#6 ·
Too much

I picked up a 19in agitator take off from a chicken for 400 with rotors and brand new tire. Don't pay close to anything new especially when there are take offs everywhere. I just stalk all the customers when they go in for service. But go figure the price of rubber + brakes unless you use old ones:(. And come out with a free rim. When I bought the agitator I needed rubber it just happened to come with it.

#7 ·
I sold my RGC take off wheels, bearings, tires and front rotors on this forum for $450. Tires had 13k miles on them. Dealer did take-off and install of pre-mounted tires, rotors and Agitator wheels for $85 labor. Both sets were ABS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.