Road Glide banner

Rinehart 4" blacks bad right out of the box

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Garemlin 
#1 ·
Jumped on EP's Rinehart sale the other day. My pipes just arrived today as I was about ready to install them I noticed some imperfections. There are a few small nicks in the coating, some scratches around one of the baffle screws and what appears to be rust between the end cap and the pipe. Not a happy camper. Gonna call EP tomorrow and have these RMA'ed. Don't know if I wanna chance a second set either.

#5 ·
I saw your post and went to the site and almost went for it but decided to stick with all Fuel Moto exhaust. Hope you get it all straightened out.

#8 ·
I was wondering about multiple prices too.

I said F*** It and ended up going with a full system from FuelMoto

I hope it works out for ya..

#12 ·
The ad doesn't say anything about the condition being used, or second, but that is odd that they have two of the same product for much different prices. Last year they were selling the Carriage Works Tornado slip on for the RGC for $79 (the regular price was $280 I think). Sounded very good to be true, but I ended up ordering it and it was in first rate condition. But in that case all of them were being sold for that price (I think CW was discontinuing that model). Eastern Performance is a good company from my dealings, so hopefully they will take care of that.

#13 · (Edited)
All is good. Just left EP with a brand new set. Glad I went in person. The first set we looked at had a crooked end cap. They only had two more sets of these but have over 700 sets total they are blowing out. Not blems or seconds either. They bought the Rinehart inventory of a major distributor. That is the reason for the different prices as well. They technically own these so they can sell them for whatever price they want.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX

#18 ·
No matter what it is, when something is manufactured there are always gonna be some bad ones in the bunch.

I spend alot of money with EP and send business their way. I've never had an issue when something needs to be taken care of.

Glad yours arrived in tip-top shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.