Road Glide banner

WHERE IS THE ROAD GLIDE FLAG and FLAG STORIES

260K views 2K replies 208 participants last post by  Ohiobellboy 
#1 ·
FLAG UPDATE #1 07.18.2011

On Thursday July 14th I handed the flag over to Stray Mutt in Gettysburg Pennsylvania.

Let us know where the flag is, where it is going and who it is with.

As most of you know, the Roadglide.org flag is now on the road with Stray Mutt (Ron). Since he traveled the farthest distance we thought it would be only fitting for him to take the flag out on the road.

He will be making his way back across the country so there will be some opportunities for those who could not be at Shark Week to catch up with the flag. The instructions are on the inside of the notebook and Ron will explain them to you too. Please try to limit the size of your signature. The flag will fill up and space will be at a premium.

Since we are a "secret society" ;) we needed a secret. Ron has also been instructed to share the secret of the flag as to "Where Cleo the Bull Terrier is located on the flag" When you receive the flag and the secret it will be your duty to give the secret to the next holder of the flag and only to the next holder of the flag.

I look forward to watching the flag travels around the country and bring others together.

HUTMO

See less See more
Reactions: vring
#414 ·
The flag had been officially handed off to me from Quicksand.

We meet today at the Deals Gap HD shop. Took the obligatory photo. Then we rode a loop over to Tellico Plains across the Cherahala Skyway and back to the Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort. Finished out the day riding the Hell Bender Hwy 28 back towards Bryson City. Our plan is to ride together tomorrow, hitting some if the Blue Ridge and other area roads.

Here's the handoff.

Up on the skyway.
Mountainous landforms Natural landscape Wilderness Nature Natural environment

#416 ·
A few more pics of the handoff....

Like Tim said, he and I met up Monday for the flag hand off. We rolled into the Tn. end of the Dragon at the H-D shop at precisely the same time, him from Charlotte, me from Louisville....

then we rode the loop around the Cherahola Skyway to Deals Gap....

the official handing off of the flag or passing of the torch if you will....

another shot of the tree of shame, something you want to contribute no 'part' to!

Tim and I then rode the next day and a half together, discovering some new amazing roads and Tim sharing some of his old favorites. Great couple of days with a good friend and some amazing weather for late October in the Mountains.

I enjoyed the couple of weeks I had the flag. I would have liked to do more but work got in the way....I left the flag in good hands though and I'm sure it will be touring around North Carolina in the days ahead

#426 ·
Hey Tim, Brewiz,

Looking good there guys, wishing i could be out riding but have the most serious case of "Parked Motorcycle Syndrome". -15C here today, no riding for the next 4 months at least.

Glad to see the flag on the move!

Where you gonna take it Brewiz?

Troy

#445 · (Edited)
Still no reply on whats going on with the flag??

Having the flag go south was to ensure it would move during the winter but it appears us northerners are riding more than you southerners!!! 4 months and its only been in 2 peoples hands....lets get this thing going.

Am I gonna have to make a trip down to rescue it?

#446 ·
Still no reply on whats going on with the flag??

Having the flag go south was to ensure it would move during the winter but it appears us northerners are riding more than you southerners!!!

Am I gonna have to make a trip down to rescue it?
Round up a posse and go save it, Tracy. It's probably rolled up in the bottom of a saddle bag or being used as a dust cover for a roadglide.:D
lol
HRD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.