Road Glide banner

tourpak adjuster

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Wildman 
#1 ·
Anyone using Kuryakyn adjustable tourpak relocater? I was thinking about one to gain the space to mount my pet carrier on the back seat instead of on the tourpak. Moving the tourpak back 3'' might also block the license plate from speed cameras ,red light and toll cameras just in case.

#2 ·
I had one on my bike last summer. I did not like it at all. Function was poor to say the least.

There are four screw tabs that must be loosened to adjust the position. Even with the tabs loosened to the point of almost falling out, the tourpack was still difficult to move, rocked the whole bike to get it adjusted.

I went through the directions 3 times to make sure that I did not miss anything in assembly, I didn't.

I would not recommend it, great idea, too difficult to use.

That said if you or anyone else wants it, pay for shipping from Calgary and it is yours.

#5 ·
I have one... I wouldn't call it a quick adjustment but after dialing it in to fit my wife, I don't move it much. The trick to getting it to move is to push in or tap on the 4 locking levers to break loose the tapered "shoe" on the inside. Then it moves easily... The only thing I didn't like was it was so heavy. I'd probably buy it again...

#7 ·
"That said if you or anyone else wants it, pay for shipping from Calgary and it is yours."

Sorry didn't mean to highjack the thread, free adjustable unit is spoken for by Silverghost. Just paying it forward a little at a time.

#8 ·
I've had it on the bike a little over a year and really like the unit. Initially I had cranked the bolt to much and the slide got stuck. Took my time adjusting the bolts after getting it unstuck. Now, release tension and it slides freely.

#9 ·
I have one on my bike also and have ran into the adjustment issue but I do get it to move and I do use it. When my daughter is riding I'll move it a little closer and then when the wife is riding I'll move it back some for her. So for me I find it very useful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.