Road Glide banner

Amstiol full synthetic ????

8K views 29 replies 28 participants last post by  SP1969 
#1 ·
Today I put Amstoil in All three holes it cost less than what it would have cost for full synthetic from the steeler and will last twice as long . Is anyone else running Amstoil?

#21 ·
I put that stuff in my engine last week. I immediately noticed that it shifted faster and quieter. And I didn't even put it in the tranny. The engine ran 100 degrees cooler too and I could not even hear it at all. My gas mileage has now gone to around 75 mpg. I spilled some oil on my hands and wiped it off on an old rag. The next day that rag looked brand new!

#26 ·
Did you see a 20% increase in HP faster starts and10% increase in fuel mileage .Put Amsoil in my old 96 Fb and it is faster than a new 103 now.
magic I tell ya.
Amsoil is no better than any of the other top brands. It will not rasie the dead or even make your bike run cooler it is just a good syn oil and lube that will stand up to heat a bit better like any syn will.

#10 ·
I use amsoil in all three holes.It's a true synthetic and not just highly refined dino oil like so many other "synthetics".I use 75/140 in the trans,syn atf in the primary and 20/50 in the engine.

on my 02,I always ran amsoil,and got 75,000 out of the original "bad design" cam chain tensioners.pretty sold on it here.

#15 ·
Amsoil here too. :)

#18 ·
In all my Harleys, my trucks, my cars, lawn mower, ... about everything that doesn't use much oil, even my hay baler with the Wisconsin engine, has Amsoil in it. I do have a few "beater" vehicles that have an anti bug system built in that I can't afford to use Amsoil in, but for the most part you can't beat the lubrication properties of full synthetic.

#28 ·
As an Amsoil dealer let me offer these suggestions. For the crank case and primary use this: MCV 20w-50

For the transmission use this: SVG 75w-110

To get the most from your crank case oil use Amsoils "nanofiber" oil filters. It's a completely different technology than other filters. For example this Amsoil's EaoM 134c, which will fit most Harleys from 2001 and up:

I know it looks the same but the difference is HUGE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.