Road Glide banner

Floorboard lowering/moving

9K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  1BigGuy 
#1 ·
OK... I have been here a while, but searching the forum just does not do it for me. A while back someone on here said they built a Floorboard relocation with parts from Home Depot..... Can someone help me either find that post or tell me what parts were needed?!?!

Thanks Guys!!!

#4 ·
Do you want to lower them Betty? or move them forward..our out? if Your Tall...like I am coming in Vertically at 6'5" I have moved my boards forward & out on my last 3 Harleys. Lowering your boards...as Mastiff say's will only lead to more issues with carving turns..Mine fly sparks on Twisty's..so before you do it....look into it.

#5 ·
I used the Kuryakyn kit on mine to go 1 inch forward and 1 inch out, great easy install. Still could use the new extended factory Harley floorboards on this kit to go another inch forward.

#7 ·
+1 Im 6'3' with 34" inseam and the Kury Floorboard Relocaters worked great for me. Good price too MSRP 99.00 can be found in the $ 80 range

#10 ·
I've done the same thing as 66rider. First I had the Kury brackets which are 1" out 1" forward, then I got the Arlen Ness Floorboard brackets which are 2" forward. The end effect is 1" out and 3" forward. The difference is that I changed from HD floorboards to cyclesmith banana boards which are thinner and have allot more floorboard space. The net affect is plenty of leg room and with the different floorboards and ALLOT more foot positions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.