Road Glide banner

ipod Interface questions

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  wmchardy 
#1 ·
I'm very interested in getting an ipod interface for my Road Glide Ultra. I'm aware that there are aftermarket versions available other than the H-D version.

I have few questions:

Does anyone have experience with of the aftermarket interfaces?

Do you like them?

How difficult is installation?

Any other comments or information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!! - Bruce

#2 ·
I bought the aftermarket kit from ironcrossaudio. IMO the iPod interface works great.
iPod becomes an option on the radio display. You can play playlists through the radio. Scan through songs with handlebar controls. And I believe it's less than the HD version.

#3 ·
How difficult is the installation?

I'm not concerned about pulling the outer fairing. I am concerned about running wiring and possibly having to splice into existing wiring. sure would like to have plug and play if possible...

Thanks for your info!!

#5 ·
The control module plugs into the back of the radio. You splice into the wiring harness for power with a T tap. I drilled a hole in the left glove box for the the iPod. Very easy install.

#7 ·
I have the HDPDPLUS, after I got use to the controls I am very happy. The button to scroll to the next song, if you hold it too long it will change the playlist. Just a tap of the button will change to the next song. Once I got that down I love it. Very easy install and if you have a question they will get back to you right away by email.

#9 ·
iPod Interface along with amplifier

Greetings from S/W Missouri. I'm new to this Forum, but have found it very informative, as well as entertaining. I too and interested in adding an iPod interface and considering the Iron Cross Audio model. My question to those who know, when an amp is added, is it necessary to buy the interface relocation kit and if so, are there options besides the $200.00 HD model?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.