Road Glide banner

Breaking into the RG bar arena

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Converted 
#1 · (Edited)
Folks,

I've been working with Shawn at Bad Seed Cycles about building me some customs bars. This turned out to be a joint effort for me to get a great set of bars and also get Shawn into building RG bars. When I looked at his site, the first thing that caught my attention was the quality. Hopefully I will receive my bars this coming week and will post some picks. Also, here are the measurements and pics that Shawn will be selling on his site. BTW, I have no financial ties to Bar Seed Cycles or Shawn; just getting my bars and helping him design them.

http://www.shop.badseedcycles.com/Georges-RG-bars-GB-BARS.htm

Also ... can't beat $225 shipped

#3 · (Edited)
There the key aspects I wanted were:

1. Just wide enough past the gauge cluster ... just clears it about 1/16" on each side

2. No less than 14" grip height ... bars are 16" height drop to 14" grip

3. 33" width ... I think any wider would push them out past the fairing too far.

4. Almost level grips so I can either push them forward, or in my case pull them back. I heard Daytona loves to give tickets for bars above shoulder height; now I can roll them back.

Attachments

#9 ·
I haven't yet as I was waiting for my new inner fairing to get in; just arrived a couple days ago. From what I've read, you need at least a +2 upper brake cable and a +6 clutch for 14" bars. I'm going with a +4 on the brake cable just to have a little extra wiggle room. I bought a +8 Namz wire extension but don't think I will need them since I purchased a complete new switch harness that is 50" long.

Not sure if this helps or not since I haven't tried the install yet ... still waiting on the switch wiring harness to come in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.