Road Glide banner

Installing the Jackpot 2-1-2 with before and after Dyno tunes

7K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  sloride 
#1 ·
I have ordered my Jackpot 2-1-2 ceramic coated headpipe and the 2” baffles for my 4” Rush Big Louie slip-ons.

I realize the Fullsac X pipe might make a pound or two more torque, but with the Jackpot being coated internally and externally, there is some additional heat reduction (very important in Texas) along with the longevity of the SS tubing.

I have arranged for Ed at the Dyno Difference in Dallas to do a baseline dyno run this weekend before any modifications.

I will do the install next week and then have Ed do his tuning magic and I will then post the before and after dyno charts.

#4 ·
well my 2-1-2 haedpipe arrived today well packed, in great shiny condition except they forgot to do the internal creamic coating.

I know with the rep for customer service these guys have, they will get me another one as quickly as possable.

Ed is doing my baseline dyno on Sunday. I was hoping to do the install and the tune done next week.

But it is what it is.

#12 ·
well my 2-1-2 haedpipe arrived today well packed, in great shiny condition except they forgot to do the internal creamic coating.
Ok got my baseline dyno run done today by Ed at "The Dyno Difference"
i'm missing something here. on one day, 'they forgot...' next day, 'here's the numbers'...... what happened with the internal coating? i know there was a thread on the site which talked about a new thermal coating. is that what happened?

#7 ·
The baffles in my Big Louie 4" slip-ons right now are the 2.5"

If you are going to keep your stock headpipe with a Cat converter then they recommend going with the 2.5" because the Cat already gives you the backpressure needed to mantain your Torque.

If you have a catless system they recommend a 1.75" or 2"

I put the 1.75" baffles on my GF's 08 Ultra and absolutely love the sound of them. Crisp with a bite, with out being obnoxiously loud

I bought the 2" baffles to put in my Slip-ons when I put the jackpot 2-1-2 pipe on.

Rush does not get a lot of fanfair on this site. But there is no better sound out there IMO.

#11 ·
With this new fangled (to me) gearing I wonder what the norm is... My last dyno tune was done in 5th, and I think the 6 speed 5th is pretty close to the same.

I'm interested in the results you obtain before and after so will be keepin eye on this. I didnt' dyno my bike before installing the 2-1-2. It's an improvement, but I'm far from optimal at the moment. Still deciding on a nice set of slip-ons that will work with future mods...

#14 ·
Hey Rage,

I talked with Ed this morning and he confermed that these were 4th gear pulls. He said 5th gear pulls wuld have raised the #'s a couple of points higher, but that would have taken the bike tires higher than their MPH rated speeds.

I am doing this to understand what I gain from adding a good exhaust and Dyno Tune. I will keep you posted.

#16 ·
Looks good so far :) also note the Dyno Difference uses a DynoStar dyno which is a bit different than Dynojet dyno's. You are in good hands with Ed.

#18 ·
Ok I got the Jackpot 2-1-2 installed and fired it up today.

I absolutely love the sound. Very crisp with a good throaty pop. Not as loud as a 2-1 but a little deeper sound

The heat shields did not Line up on the new head pipe as well as the stock pipe. I guess this is to be expected, it is after all a different pipe. It looks OK, but not as clean as stock.

Ed will Dyno tune it tomorrow and I will post the results

I am already much happy

#19 ·
Ok, the #'s are in. Ed will email me the dyno sheets tonight and i will post them

Stock #'s

STD best HP 87.8 best TQ 110.00

SAE best HP 85.5 best TQ 107.1

With Jackpot 2-1-2 2" Rush cores and a dyno tune by ED at The Dyno Difference.

STD best HP 94.1 best TQ 121.4

SAE best HP 92.9 best TQ 119.8

all these #'s are based on 4th gear pulls. 5th gear made a little higher #'s, but I did not do a baseline in 5th gear to compare it to

The most impressive thing of all is the TQ being over 100#'s from 1800 RPM thru 4800 RPM

The throttle response is incredible and you better have a good grip when you crack this baby open in the lower gears.

#21 ·
Guy's after a couple of hours riding I have the following observation.

If it makes any sense, the bike feels lighter in slow speed maneuvering. Ed adjusted the drive by wire throttle to be more responsive. That lag I sometimes had as I did slow tight turns is gone. You know how with a drive by wire system, on some real tight 90 deg right turns the bike feels very responsive and in control and then some times it would be a guessing game on throttle position? Well Ed seams to have tuned that lag out. I am more comfortable applying power through the apex of the turn and using power to right the bike without worring about a power surge on the back side of the lag drifting me into the left lane.

IMO this alone was worth the cost. Add in, what to me is the perfect sound and the added power and I think my $$$ were very well spent

#23 ·
I also wanted to add that Ed made some adjustments on my heat sheilds that helped them line up correctly.

So the heat sheild line-up issues with the Jackpot were my fault not the head pipe.

All in all, if I had a chance to do it all over again, I would not change a thing.

OK...OK...I would have lined up the heat sheilds correctly the first time. :D

"Let's ride baby...lets ride"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.