Road Glide banner

So you think you have a man cave ??

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  reficul 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
This is what I aspire to. Unfortunately, according to my calculations in order to afford this, I will have to work another 2383 years .:mad:

So ya have over 100 motorcycles in your garage and you decide to take a local spin. How to decide which one to take? I only saw one Roadie in that collection and it didn't look like it was all that easy to get to.

#6 ·
Mine's more like a jail cell....8' X 10'. Barely have room for all my guitars, let alone my computer and music collection.

#8 · (Edited)
That puts you in the overwhelming majority with 99% of the rest of us. I'm agonizing over the cost to put expoxy paint down in my 3 stall!

Closest I get is to be fortunate enough to have a cousin that has always been like an older brother to me and he owns 2 Ferraris, 2 Ducatis, and a handful of other toys. He buys 3-5 year old Ferraris with very low mileage in Florida. Runs them as "Sunday" cars and sells at about 20-24k miles (you never want to own a Ferarri when they hit 30,000 miles and need to have the motor dropped for a major overhaul that is part of the scheduled maintenance) and they don't cost him a thing typically. The last one he bought was 4 years old and only had 6k miles on it. Lots of wealthy folks spend 1-3 months a year in Florida at their 3rd or 4th homes, and rarely use their Ferrari, but apparently need one for their image. They allow him to drive his dream car at the cost of a decent sedan.

All of that sounds great until you see just one repair bill! He had an axle and brake issue last year that cost him $13,000. for repair. As he says, "You have to be a real 'sport' to own an Italian 'sports' car!

Although I'll never be able to live that lifestyle, I like the life I have ... and besides, I get to live that other life vicarioulsy through his exploits!

#9 ·
We build a lot of big houses and huge additions in
Jersey. The money and toys some of these guys have is staggering. The big disappointment is that I can build it no problem, I just cant F-in afford to do so lolol :mad::confused::)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.