Road Glide banner

*New* Jackpot XXX Hi Output Head Pipe 2/1/2

18K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  fuelmoto 
#1 ·
New Jackpot XXX Hi Output head pipe for high HP 2009-2013 Harley FLH applications. This pipe features tapered primaries (an industry first!), large collector which flows almost twice as much as our standard 2/1/2, along with several other new features. Full stainless steel construction and retains factory heat shields. We will be officially releasing this pipe at V Twin Expo in Cincinnati on Feb 2nd. More info to come....

See less See more
#5 ·
The XXX pipe features tapered primaries rather than stepped. While it is very complex to build, tapering is superior to stepping from a flow dynamic standpoint. Tapering allows for extremely smooth transitions as there is no "step" to disrupt the pressure/energy waves in the system. This is the norm on high end Japanese and Euro systems

#8 ·
The Jackpot XXX pipe is designed specifically for high HP builds, on a 120HP combination this pipe will generally make 3-5HP/Tq over our standard 2/1/2 head pipe.

#9 ·
What are the tapered primaries on our Jackpot XXX head pipe? Rather than stepping the pipe we taper the primary for a gradual transition. While the physics and theory is the same as a stepped pipe, a taper is superior from a flow standpoint as there are no "steps" to disturb the pressure wave. This also makes for a cleaner, more streamlined system with less joints and welds. In R&D we focus on maximum performance with best overall design/construction.

#10 ·
So for stock HP bikes or minimal tuning, the current 2/1/2 should be (more than) sufficient? Or would a stock bike gain anything from the XXX? I'm only wanting to change the header once and I'm ready to pull the trigger and get it done before it gets hot down here.

#11 ·
The standard Jackpot 2/1/2 works excellent on both stock and well modified motors, from 75Hp stock bikes all the way up to our 120+Hp builds. This is about the most flexible head pipe on the market, however for high HP builds we now are offering the new Jackpot XXX which makes a bit better overall Hp/Tq. At the time of release we will also be offering some pretty cool options for those looking to run the XXX pipe on stock motors as well, so users can work their build into the pipe on step at a time. We will post some more info on the XXX pipe next week. Stay tuned....

#12 ·
Another sneak pic of the new Jackpot XXX head pipe vs our standard Jackpot 2/1/2. Note the difference in the collectors as well as the tapered primaries on the XXX.

#15 ·
There are a couple of options for the crossover pipe for the Jackpot XXX pipe, including a stainless full size crossover. We will be releasing full info as well as the pipe at V Twin Expo on Feb 2nd

#17 ·
Jamie,

Would the V&H powerduals heat shields work on this new XXX pipe?

IMHO the stock MOCO heat shields are "FUGLY" and need to be improved upon, the cosmetics of having to retain the stock heat shields would leave me in the shopping mode for a solution that addresses this concern.

Thank you for your reply.

Fatboy
The PowerDuals heat shields will not work on our Jackpot head pipes

#21 · (Edited)
Update?

I'm specifically interested in a simple Stage 1 first with later progression upward into a final objective (even more HP). However, I want to avoid buying one exhaust system and then buying another one later.

Some of the prior posts seem to indicate that a "buy once" approach would work using this new head-pipe design. I also believe the ideal (from my perspective anyway) would include the round cross-under right from the beginning.

Can I use this approach?

BTW: I live beach-front and rust is a terrible problem here so SS is good for me if the above goal can be reached. Stock heat-shields are fine though (cheap to replace anyway and lots of take-offs available).

#22 ·
Hello, the XXX head pipe would work very well in this regard and we would be more than happy to accommodate you.

#25 ·
Hey Jamie,
Looking at head pipes now and want to know if the standard Jackpot 2/1/2 header will accept the new cross under pipe, thanks...T
The Jackpot X-over crossover pipe works with the standard Jackpot 2/1/2 as well.

#29 ·
We expect to start filling backorders for stainess X-Overs late next week, however the Ceramic coated version will be several more weeks

#30 ·
Jamie,
Can the x-over crossover pipe work with the factory header or other brand headers? Thanks again and great looking work...T
The X-over fits the Jackpot head pipes as well as the factory header. We have not tested fitment on other systems.

#31 ·
Jamie, can you explain the difference in this XXX pipe and V&H power dual?
The Jackpot and V&H pipes are pretty different. All of our Jackpot head pipes are constructed completely from 304 stainless while the V&H is mild steel. Jackpot head pipes carry a Lifetime Warranty, V&H offers a 90 day warranty. Our pipes also feature both 12mm and 18mm bungs which will support factory and aftermarket wideband sensors and we include plugs for them as well. The main difference performance wise in the collector, the Jackpot pipe uses a true merge collector, the Jackpot XXX has a much larger merge collector than either the V&H PowerDual or our standard Jackpot 2/1/2, and the XXX also has tapered primaries. Our pipes are completely CNC formed which not only will flow better as there are less joints and welds, but it allows us to use minimal sections of tubing instead of many more sections welded together. The V&H pipe uses a collector which is actually 2 pieces of sheet metal which are stamped and are welded around the outside. Overall the V&H PowerDual is a pretty good pipe for the money considering it comes with heat shields and performs as advertised, we sell them and use them as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.