Windvest is a new sponsor! - Page 6 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Roadglide.org Site Sponsors Forums > Windvest

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 03-10-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail11 View Post
I'm 5'7, 31 inch inseam running a 10" gun smoke. I have the wind deflectors installed on the crash bar and I use a Mustang Low Down seat. I am getting bugs on my glasses and 1/2 helmet too. When I get over 70MPH my glasses start to flop around.

I just emailed Windvest support to see what they recommend. I'm sure 12" would probably do the trick, but wanted to ask first.
In your normal riding position, you want the top of the WV to be in line with your upper lip or mustache. Mine is in line with my mustache, and it kicks the heavy wind right over my 1/2 and 3/4 helmets. If your 10" WV is in line with your lower or middle chin, then a 12" will probably work well for you.
Picture: http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...Cleftrear1.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 05:49 PM

Cool 8" Black

I got my 8" black for the cool factor and I'm loving it!!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
I got my 8" black for the cool factor and I'm loving it!!
Without a picture.....it never happened.
Picture: http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...Cleftrear1.jpg
Old 03-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Life Member

Thumbs up

just finished my test ride installed 14' gun smoke got mine thrue gails HD in grandview MO. Doug the parts suppervisersaid you guys had a great product Iam going to let him know he was wright on did 150 mile night ride 2 up boss was happy it looks great on my 12 rgu b.b.p thanks for sp.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 AM

Default Works perfect

Just put on a 10" Gunsmoke on my 2012 FLTRX with stock seat. I'm 5'10 1/2" tall with a 32" inseam. Went on a 120 mile test ride yesterday, shield works as advertised. I can see a lot of the road in front of me, and it kicks the wind up to where it's just tickling the top of the helmet. Caught just one bug (from a side wind) on the entire ride, saw them getting kicked over the top of me. Very satisfied. And it looks ass-kicking.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:05 PM

I just ordered the 12" light smoke. I hope it is the right size, I may have to go with the 13", dont know yet. I'm 6'00" with 32" inseam, and I have the Lepera daddy long legs seat which lowers me and moves me back. Should be here in 5-7 days. I'll update when I get it on and ride.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Prospect

Send a message via Skype™ to TLKurtz

Just ordered the 14" Gun Smoke WV for my '12 RGC. Looking forward to it's arrival. Will post pics after the install and an assessment of how it does on the road. The biggest thing I'm hoping to fix is my wife's happiness with 2-up riding. She hates the amount of wind she gets now w/ a Klock Werks 12" Flare.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Life Member

I am rockin the 12" light smoke. I love it. Welcome From New Jersey!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLKurtz View Post
Just ordered the 14" Gun Smoke WV for my '12 RGC. Looking forward to it's arrival. Will post pics after the install and an assessment of how it does on the road. The biggest thing I'm hoping to fix is my wife's happiness with 2-up riding. She hates the amount of wind she gets now w/ a Klock Werks 12" Flare.
Let us know how she likes it.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Prospect

Ordered mine online and got a Voicemail from Tami saying she applied a 10% discount for the forums. I forgot all about the discount, so that was a nice surprise.

I had a 14in factory shield on my 09 Glide and it was "ok", I replaced it with a 16in Cee Bailey's shield and again, just ok, didn't notice much difference in wind on that swap, which I thought was weird, and maybe I was getting air from under the bike, not over the windshield. Anyone know where I can rent a wind tunnel with that smoke that shows where the wind goes?

Anyway, new bike 2012 RGC, so I ordered the 14in WV, see how it goes.