Kerker stouts Vs. CFR - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Intake and Exhaust

Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides
Sponsored by: Cobra

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 03-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Grey beard

Question Kerker stouts Vs. CFR

Here we go! Need a little help deciding here. I know that this has been a big topic on the forum here lately, but here we go anyway. I like the CFR's, but now I've seen and heard the kerker stouts. The CFR's sound awesome and the Kerkers as well, but the Kerkers have proven that they add HP and Torque on the dyno on stock setup. So what do the CFR's produce in HP and Torque?
2012 FLTRX Denim Black,Stock head pipe with Cat removed w/ Jackpot 4" black slash up slip-ons. power vision, Fuel Moto pro billet A/C, Woods TW-222's, 12" Klock Werks . Sanchos Wings. Khrome werks 2+2 Handlebars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 11:19 PM

I'm interested in this too! Subscribed!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Grey beard

Well i went ahead and bit the bullet. Ordered the CFR's. But I would still like to know what everone else thinks. My decision for the CFR's over the Stouts just comes down to the sound that the CFR's make. I wanted that sound and I like the looks of the megaphone type exhaust vs the straight 4" look. Plus DHP made me a good deal on the CFR's!
2012 FLTRX Denim Black,Stock head pipe with Cat removed w/ Jackpot 4" black slash up slip-ons. power vision, Fuel Moto pro billet A/C, Woods TW-222's, 12" Klock Werks . Sanchos Wings. Khrome werks 2+2 Handlebars.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:08 PM

Got mine strictly for sound and couldn't feel the +/- on HP from the butt dyno.
MadStad 13" smoked shield
Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 AM
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Ordered my CFR's Monday from DHP, they should arrive today or tomorrow. With that being said I've only heard people say they're more for sound than they are HP's. I wanted sound. I can't wait to get'em on for I have only heard them via video/sound clips never in person. Geeked!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Grey beard

I got the CFR's from DHP, got them quick and I love them. They sound awesome......
Old 03-25-2012, 09:23 PM

Default About 300 miles on my Stouts

My wife says they shake the windows on the house when I pull in the drives way. They definitely have a real low and fairly loud rumble when just cruising. When you get on it they have a really unique cackle/bark to them. Reminds me of a kick ass Street Glide I saw in Eureka Springs once. I thought he had an awesome sounding exhaust. It seems to be a little louder now with more mileage on it. Just about too loud for me, but it doesn't cover up the radio at all. I also put a Madstad on, so maybe that's why it's louder sounding? I love them. I bet when I get true duals on they'll be even sweeter!

They definitely got the smile factor when your start it up at the gas pumps and everyone looks at ya
2010 FLTRX Vivid Black With Supertrapp Fatshotz, V & H Dresser Duals, PCV, Big Sucker, SE 255 Cams, 12" Wild 1 Outlawz, MadStad 16", HogTunes Amp/5x7 Fairing Speakers, Mustang Wide Tripper W/Pillion, List Goes On And On
Old 03-26-2012, 03:47 PM
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

[QUOTE=jim, "I also put a Madstad on"

Hey Jim, what's that.."madstad"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2012, 12:00 AM

Default SuperTrapp Stouts

I couldn't help but notice your "shake the windows" comment. For those who like a nice deep rumble, pleasant to the ear, but are married and not looking to wake the neighbors try the SuperTrapp Stouts. The same pipe as Kerker but less aggressive. Don't get me wrong, they bark when you want them to but cruise oh so nicely. No headaches, no complaints from those riding behind. you'll get attention, but not because they're loud, because they sound awesome, look great, and RG's rock.

Yes, you'll notice a HP gain as soon as you hit the throttle. Added an intake as well. Cat left in. Mapped.

Nothing against other choices on the market but this is my experience. SuperTrapp Stouts are not cheap so as there is limited feedback out there, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:28 AM

Thumbs up Kerker stouts

Love mine just added a Jackpot head pipe from Fuelmoto now pipe really barks and has that low throaty sound. sounds like a V8 or that sports car V8 sound love them and yes when you fire them up they do have a great sound.