SE Stage IV 103 question - Page 9 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Engine Related

Engine Related Engine Builds and more for Road Glides

Sponsored by Drago's Bike Works

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 03-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Engine Expert

Send a message via AIM to Hillsidecycle.com

A Wood 400, or 408(if the springs, and valve/valve would handle it) would POUND the torque, off the bottom, and as long as the heads flow well, will carry the hp right out.
Scott
Dyno tuning
Extended Warranty Center
MMI Certified Mechanics
Stocking Dealer for;
S&S Cycle
Axtell Sales
Wood Performance
Horse Power Inc.
Andrews Products
Rivera Engineering
Bandit Machine Works
"Land Speed Record Power"
www.hillsidecycle.com
5225 South Main St.
Munnsville, N.Y. 13409
315-495-6650 phone/fax
M-F 8-5, Sat 8-12 or by appt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 09:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to abone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbourdon View Post
I believe in the new catalog they got rid of the 260 cam for the 259E cam.
Yup, new kit has SE259. In 2010 it was SE260
Old 03-28-2012, 09:33 PM

They did change the cam used with this kit as well as allowing the kit to be installed and maintain the warranty. The problem is they released this kit March 2, 2012 and it immediately backordered; it is now scheduled to ship backorders May 1, unless they push it back again.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:27 PM

Fireball, my 2011 96ci went in the shop today to have the 103 stage IV installed. I found a kit from last year so i had them remove the 260's and replace them with the 259E's and also replace the perfect-fits with adjustable push-rods. You are right about this years kit being back ordered, but wrong on the warranty. The kit that Harley is "warrantying" is the kit for the TC's that are already a 103ci, and is going on a engine with stock compression and pistons so the hp/tq numbers will not be the same. Also, if you notice in the 2012 SE catalog the twin race flags are still shown for all stage IV kits, which means race use only, no warranty!! Believe me they covered themselves and this comes straight from local dealer.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Hangaround

Good heads, 58mm throttle body...... You are bringing in much more are and fuel into cylinders, the stock headpipes cannot flow all the extra exhaust, and add 10.5's to the mix and the exhaust is the weakest link in your setup.... Why go stg IV and not go with what makes it perform... Throw a D&D 2-1 and watch her numbers come up...
Old 04-05-2012, 02:16 PM

roadglide@11 you are correct in the kit I was referring too (92500011) that can be installed and covered under warranty is for a 103" motor; but this kit does come with the CNC factory heads, 10.5/1 pistons, 58mm TB, 259e cams, etc.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:29 PM

Fireball, There is no Stage IV kit that is covered under warranty by the Harley-Davidson factory. If a dealer says they will cover it under warranty it is the dealer covering it not the factory and i would want that in writing. The dealer near me showed me a pamphlet with the 103 kit that they advertise as having a warranty and it did not come with cylinders or pistons. Not trying to rain on your parade just stating what was told to me by local dealer. I would also like to know why that kit is the same price as the kit that includes cylinders $2399.95. Anyways, i have mine back from shop and love it. Sending to tuner soon as i get a few more miles, will post numbers when i get them.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:06 AM

My dealer vaguely told me they would give me a year and anything that broke would get replaced with the original replacement part. To put back in the same upgraded part i would have to pay the difference.

I believe this to be my dealers decsision and not the MOCO.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Hangaround

I have the stage IV in my 11 FLTRX with the 260 cam, not sure of part # sory, I'm running the SE heavy breather A/C and a supertrapp 2-1 without the end cap on and I experience a whole different bike around 3200 on up as well. Below 3200-3000 it feels like a bone stock sluggish 103. I wish I could get that 3200+ seat of the pants TQ feel in the lower range, say coming on around 2200ish. It runs like a raped ape above that 3200 mark, but on a touring bike around town I don't like having to run at that high of an RPM all the time, or lug the motor if I'm not. I've heard the SE 259E will bring the TQ down lower but haven't ridden same set up with that cam to say how it runs.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Hangaround

Default Stage IV 103 with SE 260 cam

Probably taking over a thread but I'm new to this site and need some feed back or recommendations. I have the stage IV 103 with 110+ heads 10.5-1CR 58mm TB SE heavy breather perfect fit PR, SEPST and a supertrapp 2-1 exhaust with no endcap oh and the kit came with the SE 260 cam. My issue is that cam comes on and makes great TQ but not till around 3200+ RPMs. I want that seat of the pants feel of TQ and power down lower where most riding is done, the 2200-3500 range, I do still get on it, more because I have to with that cam, but also because I like to from time to time especially getting on the HWY or passing around town but other than that I'm in the 2200-3000 cruising range. Any help on a different cam to get the stump pulling TQ and pull lower in the range but not sacrifice everything up top??? Any and all input and recommendations is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tags
ance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.