BSR instructions? - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Additional Related Discussions > Safety Area

Safety Area Issues and articles related to safety.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 04-07-2012, 11:34 AM

Default BSR instructions?

I am single, and likely to remain so. That said, there are times when a "potential" will want a ride...on the motorcycle...just so we are clear here...

Sometimes it is even the first time on a bike for her, and usually they have very limited experience.

What do you tell them about leaning, and flopping, and panicking and position...on the bike...keeping the platonic thing in mind..., butt-n-head-n-hand position?

Head weighs: 10-12 pounds.
Hand and arm weighs: 8-10 pounds.
Butt weighs: 12 to 15 pounds.
Upper torso: 15 to 30 pounds.

Potentially that's about 77 pounds of "flop around" available for making control issues.

I know the above is a little "fun", but the question is serious. Do you give instructions? Feel free to comment...fun or serious....

A Harley will get you through times of no sex, better than sex will get through times of no Harley.

2011 FLTRU
SE Heavy Breather
V&H Monster Ovals
SE Pro Super Tuner to make the above play nice together.

Last edited by BLKNCr6; 04-07-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 12:34 PM

First, I like the brake down of body parts per each with estimated weight, that's some funny stuff. To answer you question, I always give a short instruction session. My instructions are don't ever put your feet down, never grab me around the neck or arm then give instructions on where to grab depending on how hot she is, don't lean opposite of me just do what I do, and if I stop short push on my shoulders, at slow speeds don't move around like stoping at a light. Don't forget to tell her not to kick your paint getting on and off the bike. You can give some directions before you get on while talking about if she wants a ride and some before you ride off so your not like an instruction manual, the smoothness is up to you. If you get one that didn't listen and is doing stupid stuff or to drunk to listen, I stop and tell them "I want to get you home in one peace". I look at it this way, I want to make it home so I can have fun the next time.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Life Member

Far as leaning goes, just tell em not to even lean. Just go with the bike. Ive had experiences of ones overleaning and it messes me up.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSW1283 View Post
Far as leaning goes, just tell em not to even lean. Just go with the bike. Ive had experiences of ones overleaning and it messes me up.
+1 on that. I have ran into a few that had no clue and never been on the back so I just told them to not even lean.

2011 FLTRX W/103
Old 04-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rowdy

Lot's of good info, but when it comes to leaning. I just say, keep your shoulders lined up with mine, I wouldn't even plant the seed about leaning. The other advice regarding not putting your feet down, and not grabbing you around the neck is also good.

Rowdy

Revolution 107CI, HQ575cams, Revolution Performance Tuner, Drago Bike Works Super Charged 2-1 Exhaust, Rivera Pro Clutch, HD Blacked out Forks and Cow Bells, Chubby 14" Apes, Hawg Wired Front to Back, Madstad 16" Dark Smoke. etc...
Old 04-16-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMoco1 View Post
+1 on that. I have ran into a few that had no clue and never been on the back so I just told them to not even lean.
2+
"Pretend you are a piece of luggage" Although for couples who ride together frequently it makes sense for the passenger "participate" in the lean, for someone who rides seldom the best thing is just to stay still. That way, the rider need only compensate for static mass, rather than dynamic (and potentially unpredictable) shifts in mass.
Ian
Old 04-16-2012, 02:11 PM

Default holding on

here is my instructions...get on, shut up, and hold on!!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Hangaround

That's freaking hilarious Waacko1%r.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Grey beard

I keep it simple. Keep your feet on the boards, don't make any sudden moves and when we turn look over my inside shoulder.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Grey beard

My girlfriend knows what to do........if it's another woman I tell her to get off before my girlfriend sees her!!