26" wheel - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires Section for Roadglide wheels and tires

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 03-31-2012, 09:18 AM
Life Member

Default 26" wheel

Is anybody out there running a 26" front wheel and putting some miles on it? i really want to cut my bike up because i love the look. my issues are, i heard vee rubber tires absolutley suck, i two up ride alot with my wife and am interested in its handling abilities, turning, pot holes, stopping. i totally understand its not practical but there is so many bikes around here (nice custom baggers) i am tryin to break away from the pack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Hangaround

I have a 26" Rampage Mirage Wheel with AVON 160/50R26 Vee Rubber front tire. 18" Rampage Mirage Wheel for the rear with 180/55R18 AVON Corba tire. Rides like a caddy with no issues. My bike was cut raked and stretched properly.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Life Member

how many miles you put on it Fabes? you ever two up or go over a 100 mph on it? does the tire hold pressure?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Hangaround

Pretty sure Vee Rubber just came out with tubes for the 26". Just like my Schwinn
23" Pickard Heavy Hitter Front w/matching rear , Homemade Air Ride, Pickard Raked Trees, Pickard 23" Smooth Fender, Vivid Black painted Inner, 10" Yaffe OEM Monkey Bars, Ness RAD III Controls, Ness Grips, Ness Mirrors, 4"Rineharts, PCV, ThrottlePak, HD Heavy Breather, American Suspension Fork Bomber Fork Lowers, Klockwerx 8" black windshield, Sinister Pissed off Headlight Bezel, HID Headlights Custom Dynamics LEDs

Old 04-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by reficul View Post
how many miles you put on it Fabes? you ever two up or go over a 100 mph on it? does the tire hold pressure?
I don't have as many as I would like for the time being with being busy, about 200. I have been two up and not issues. I haven't been over 100, slowly breaking the bike in. But I do have friends that have 26"
wheels that ride will over 100mph with no issues what so ever. Some talk bad about the ride of a 26" and that's because they don't like the look of it, never road a bike with a 26", or the bike hasn't been cut, raked and stretched for the correct trail #'s. I have been told that once you go over 26", that is when the bike will not ride as good (30" wheels). They might ride ok, but not good like a stock bike. I'm not going to lie to you man, it rides like a caddy. I personally think my bike rides better then a stock bike. Some will agree and some will disagree. I will give you some more feed back when I can really hammer it and ride it more. There are some youtube videos where guys have 26" wheels and going over 70, 80, 100+ mph.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Life Member

Thanks Fabes i really appreciate the feed back. I seen the you tube videos but its nice to hear some real world experience about it.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:34 PM
www.hogpro.com

If you get the 26" make sure you get the tube for it as without the tuve they have been known to leak even when sealed with bead sealer.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:04 PM

Getting mine done as we speak. My builder recommended the tube also, due to slow leaks. He also said they ride better than stock. I haven't rode one yet but I took the leap anyways. Its all in the proper rake and trail.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by reficul View Post
Thanks Fabes i really appreciate the feed back. I seen the you tube videos but its nice to hear some real world experience about it.
My buddy went from a 26" to a 30" on his roadking, waiting for tins to get back from paint (hopefully at the end of the month). He told me that he will post vids of him going over 100mph on his 30". He has a video of him on youtube of him going over 70 mph for his first ride on the 26"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JNyOFVXFHA
Old 04-17-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabes View Post
My buddy went from a 26" to a 30" on his roadking, waiting for tins to get back from paint (hopefully at the end of the month). He told me that he will post vids of him going over 100mph on his 30". He has a video of him on youtube of him going over 70 mph for his first ride on the 26"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JNyOFVXFHA
Thanks fabes, everyone is trying to prevent me from moving up to a 26. I don't care, I'm making the switch. It's good to get some positive feedback on the ride. My only true concern is pot holes. How do you think they hold up to the bumps in the road

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.