J&M Rokker vs. Hawg Wired RS/ZX - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Audio

Audio List your speakers and audio solutions for the roadglide.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 04-15-2012, 11:18 PM

Default J&M Rokker vs. Hawg Wired RS/ZX

A lot of people who have J&M Rokker speakers and amp tell us how much they love it... many say over everything they've heard.

A lot of people who have Hawg Wired ZX speakers with one of their later amps (eg. MPS3004 - or newer RS4004) tell us how much they love them.... many over everything else they've heard.

What I HAVE NOT seen is anyone comparing the two companies' latest equipment to one another (Rokker vs ZX).

Has anyone heard both side by side, or, both at all? I'm really curious to know how the Rokker compares to the RS/ZX.

I've been reading thread after thread and can't find anyone comparing these companies' latest stuff. These two seem to be the "best" motorcycle audio companies available.

I want to get an amp and replace my faring speakers but want to do it RIGHT the first time and not later hear the other company's and regret my choice. I also want to move on this and do not want to wait until a rally where they will both be present to compare.

Anyone able to report?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Life Member

Only time I have heard of comparisons,.. is at bike shows where people heard one in a booth,.. then tried to compare it off memory of their own or another booth. As far as I know, there has not been a side by side comparison. I've looked because I have this same question myself.
John @ J&M put up a challenge to anyone that wanted to put their system up against their 6 speaker or 8 speaker Rokker bikes,.. never heard if anyone did it though.

If all else fails,.. Shark week will be the time to find a lot of answers out.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Neano62

If ya want to compare "Companys",...
I'm sure they both are legit. They are in it for the Audio $ and GOT to stand behind what they sell.

Chainsaw has had problems w/J&M but they have taken care, and stood behind what they say!
I've got the ZX's in my stock holes. My buddy has had the Rokkers in his stock holes,w/no amplification. We both have the x-act samr Head Unit, but I've got the PSC 3004 hooked up to all my front 4 speakers in my fairing. My Buds sounded very very good w/no amplication,...but!,.... he has recently done sum-n pretty cool, I thought at least. He replaced the Rokkers, w/6.5' speakers, but kept the Rokkers Grill w/Tweeter and Midrange speaker and bought the R/F Amp. Added baglids, last year but now has Amplication, to all 4 speakers. Front speakers in his Street Glide soud Awesome using the USB port w/thumbdrive. He replaced the Polk speakers in his baglids w/Memphis 6x9's, and I'm not impressed! But thats just me!

I've been run-n the Hawg-Wired Amps,PSC-3004 and PSC 1502 for over a year now. Bike always starts,runs,and Rocks the 'House' whenever I want it!

J&M or Hawg-Wired? ,...Dont know if I'll be in Iowa this year but ,...?

Good Luck w/your choice.

On the other hand here, Faceracer, which I met last year, has recently added a TON of Audio to his Orange Crate! (No offense here Face-Orange Crate-hehe!) But I do believe he has used-Biketronics Amps? Hmmmmm!???
Old 04-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neano62 View Post
I'm sure they both are legit. They are in it for the Audio $ and GOT to stand behind what they sell.

Chainsaw has had problems w/J&M but they have taken care, and stood behind what they say!
I've got the ZX's in my stock holes. My buddy has had the Rokkers in his stock holes,w/no amplification. We both have the x-act samr Head Unit, but I've got the PSC 3004 hooked up to all my front 4 speakers in my fairing. My Buds sounded very very good w/no amplication,...but!,.... he has recently done sum-n pretty cool, I thought at least. He replaced the Rokkers, w/6.5' speakers, but kept the Rokkers Grill w/Tweeter and Midrange speaker and bought the R/F Amp. Added baglids, last year but now has Amplication, to all 4 speakers. Front speakers in his Street Glide soud Awesome using the USB port w/thumbdrive. He replaced the Polk speakers in his baglids w/Memphis 6x9's, and I'm not impressed! But thats just me!

I've been run-n the Hawg-Wired Amps,PSC-3004 and PSC 1502 for over a year now. Bike always starts,runs,and Rocks the 'House' whenever I want it!

Good Luck w/your choice.

On the other hand here, Faceracer, which I met last year, has recently added a TON of Audio to his Orange Crate! (No offense here Face-Orange Crate-hehe!) But I do believe he has used-Biketronics Amps? Hmmmmm!???
DAMNED if you do, and f***ed if you don't.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Life Member

Neano has the dsc version of the royal flush add a extra 3004
Old 04-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Life Member

Maybe john would be willing to take a day off. And ride down to rabbit hash?

Just priced out a adequetly powered diy house party system w 3 PBR2 amps, components and lids. $1450 for parts BEFORE radio and paint.

At these price I'm starting to get a nose bleed.

So maybe a kit is a better idea.

Would be great to hear one against the other.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAINSAW View Post
Only time I have heard of comparisons,.. is at bike shows where people heard one in a booth,.. then tried to compare it off memory of their own or another booth. As far as I know, there has not been a side by side comparison. I've looked because I have this same question myself.
John @ J&M put up a challenge to anyone that wanted to put their system up against their 6 speaker or 8 speaker Rokker bikes,.. never heard if anyone did it though.

If all else fails,.. Shark week will be the time to find a lot of answers out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neano62 View Post

Good Luck w/your choice.

Thanks guys. Yea, I know Chain has been "been taken care of" but he still has had to rip his bike apart, and pay for shipping... more than once.

I agree they are prob both good systems. I wish there were a clear front runner to make this easier.

One thing I have learned is that Hawg Wired amps are digital - therefore drawing less power, not overheating, etc. I do not believe J&M's is.

Sharkweek would be a great place to listen... I just don't want to wait that long --Ha!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrgTRX View Post
Sharkweek would be a great place to listen... I just don't want to wait that long --Ha!
Im with you,.. and what is gonna suck even worse is getting there and hearing something I like even better

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:15 AM
Life Member

I decided to get the RS/ZX. Didn't have a chance For a comparison but got an excellent price from Drago. Only bad part is waiting for it to come off back order. Friday will be three weeks!

Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 AM

Man, this audio shit sucks! Everyone has there opinion that whatever they have is the best out there. Take it from me, listen to someones system. If it sounds good, get what they have The best judgement you can make on your equipment is one that you can hear. If you don't want to do it twice, wait!!!! I know that's hard because I've been down that road before. I was told that the best set up you can do is an arc amp with hert hi energy 6.5's. It sounds good, but I don't think it's the best out there. I'm thinking of maybe going to a Focal high end speaker. Don't know if they would be the best route either, but what the hell. its only money

Good Luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.