Sinister Industries or Sinfull Industries - Page 5 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Hangaround

I saw John in Sturgis last year at One Eyed Jacks. I tried to say hi, but he wasn't having. Real arrogant a**. I'm guessing he gets people trying to talk to him all the time. I have talked to Russell Mitchell and Roland Sands One Eyed Jacks before and they were both stand-up guys. And took a couple minutes to talk and at last pretend to care. I wouldn't waste my money on any of his products, no matter how nice they are. That would just encourage him to think he's that much better than the average everyday guy like myself. No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DED HD View Post
At least you didnt have your bike featured in a Magazine with their crappy products! just look at the poor fitment of their PO'd Bezel on this awesome bike.
Ha Ha I bought one of these and went to fit it up and was looking at the gap's and thought wtf did I just waste my money on. Returned it the following day.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:20 AM

Customer service is an art as much as it is a skill. Suck to hear stuff like this and it sucks you went through it.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Wooden Nickel

It sucks that you are having such issues with a company. I was in sales for many years and made a lot of money when I was younger just because of the way I treated my customers. They would return for further purchases and tell their friends and so on and so on. Eventually their fat heads will get the best of them.

A friend that has been building custom cars and bikes for years, fabricating parts and doing custom paint jobs, has this to say about Sinister......look at this CPOS and doesn't recommend using them. He had to spend more time custom fabbing one of their bezels for a RG than it was worth. I guess though if you have enough money you can fix anything that someone else screwed up from the beginning. Is it worth it? El NO!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedona Blue View Post
I've heard the same thing. I fortunately had a good experience with them. I ordered bags, side panels, horn cover, gauge bezel, lights and liscence plate frame, and everything shipped the next day. except bags, they were on backorder at the time. Camtech Customs and a local shop here in South Carolina and they make all there own parts in there shop. Customer service is great and they can make you just about anything your looking for.
I'm originally from Charleston SC.. I agree.. CamTech is so easy to deal with..
2010 FLTRX - Stage 4 SE 113 - MVA Heads, 10.5:1, SE266E cams, 58mm TB, 5.3 gr/s injectors, Polished and plated motor and trans and a few chrome extras. Fullsac DX Header and Freedom Performance Classic 4" Slip-ons. Titan II 6.5 speakers with RF PBR300x2, Monroe Airshocks
1996 Tail dragin' Fatboy
Old 04-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
I have a few of Johns parts and while I'm not crazy about some of the fitment they are nice overall and they're American made. His bags are hard to beat for quality... On a side note, he is a complete ass and thinks he rules the bagger world. I've met him a few times and honestly can't stand to be around him.

On a side note.. BR was slow as hell too. Took 3 months to get my bars.
BR is slow, but he is up front and lets you know that from the get go. From what he told me, he has a few bars in stock and ready to ship. But for the most part he makes them to your specs. My buddy ordered a set from him and the guy on the phone walked him through how to get the best fitment for him (even waited so my friend could find a broomstick to use) by using a broomstick. It took about 2 and half months to get the bars but they were well worth it for my buddy, they fit him like a glove as far as reach and height went.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:53 PM

I have never met John. But, I think he makes some nice products and builds some bad ass bikes. The one thing I can say is this, I have met Yaffe a couple of times now and that guys is never to busy for anyone. He will answer any question you have and make sure you walk away feeling good about the whole encounter. He also gave me his cell number and told me not to hesitate to call him directly if I have any issues. His parts might not ship next day, but you get the sense that he is just over his head with the demand of his product. That to me goes a long way. By the way, both John and Paul have made a killing off me
Old 04-19-2012, 03:02 AM

I dont know why everyone has a problem with the pissed off bezel. I have no gap at all. Either your doing something wrong or I am.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1098.jpg (93.6 KB, 318 views)
Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1.
Drago's 2 into 1 black Super Charger Series exhaust.

Then theres the cool Stuff.
Click here for a full list
Old 04-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFMC32 View Post
I dont know why everyone has a problem with the pissed off bezel. I have no gap at all. Either your doing something wrong or I am.

You are that 10% that everyone talks about, you were lucky not having to make his parts fit. He is about mass producing and going about it the cheapest route, to save money. Their is no QA (quality assurance) when it comes to manufacturing his parts. I have one of his chin spoilers and ordered it for the correct bike. The chin spoiler is a few inches too small and will not cover the oil cooler, as well as I have a few other parts that don't fit. You know what John's solution was? "Make it fit". You shouldn't have to make it fit when you are replacing OEM parts. Harley manufacturing and engineering is top notch, their QA, PC, QC has to be on top of their game. You don't see the same bikes rolling out the door with different length frames, fairings etc... They are 99% identical to the next bike. So why is it, every part of John's is different, up to a few inches? It's because of what I stated at the beginning of this post. I think it is best for the community to hear feedback on a company, positive or negative. I invested well over 1k dollars into his company and I get a reply of "make it fit", "should have had a professional builder work on the bike" (so I should spend $95+ an hour to get his parts to fit), or "leave your bike stock then". That to me is a POS in my eyes. The dude is only in it for the money and fame. Last year he didn't ride at Sturgis. He was their to show off his new rig, a few bikes and his lambo. When I hear and read peoples post about how they have been treated the same, it pisses me off. But I know in the long run it's money out of his pocket. If 200 people see this thread and 100 of them decide not to go with SI because of all the negative things (truth!) that they have read. Then that is roughly 30k if not more out if his pocket, and that is worth more then to fight with him about getting my money back. Bottom line is, fuk John's shitty parts and even more, fuk his personality. As I stated in my first post of this thread, he has skills and great ideas.

Last edited by fabes; 04-19-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:23 AM

Another great read from within the forum pages . . . I have been entertained and learned alot about who I want to deal with and more importantly who not to deal with. Sorry John, I'll just have to make someone else's something else fit . . .

RUBBER SIDE DOWN . . . the other way just hurts!

2011 Road Glide Ultra
2003 Electra Glide Classic (RIP 9/3/11)
1987 XLH 1100 30th Anniversary

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.