7th Annual Spring Solo Motorcycle Trip - Page 3 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > Road Trip Discussions/Stories/Pictures

Road Trip Discussions/Stories/Pictures Show your trips here!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 04-15-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary R View Post
Since you're headed to Florida make sure you get to Panama City Beach between May 2nd to the 7th for the Thunder Beach Rally.
Thanks for the tip, Gary. I'll try to make that happen. If I depart when I'm thinking, the timing might be about perfect. On these trips, I do very little site-seeing or anything else that isn't either riding, eating, or sleeping. But I have stopped for an hour or two at a few rallies over the years.

Randy

2011 RGC Vivid Black
Heritage Bars
Kuryakyn Perfect Storm Exhaust
Detachable Chopped Tour Pak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran8175 View Post
Andyman...great write-up! I know all the feelings to which you refer. I'll confess that I don't camp anymore. Always cheap motels for me. I've stayed in some doozies, that's for sure.

Cmathias....you're doing the right thing, placing the family and home obligations first. I did that for years, was fortunate enough to retire early (at 46), and do some things that many others only dream of. I make a WHOLE lot less money nowadays, but plenty to keep me happy. One of the secrets is to NEVER compare yourself and what you have to anyone else. Our only true challenges and competition should come from within.

I'm precisely who I want to be. Wouldn't change one friggin' thing!
Ran8175 congrats on your success and great words to live by. Enjoy the trip and keep us all posted. We are looking forward to following along....
Old 04-15-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmathias View Post
Ran8175 congrats on your success and great words to live by. Enjoy the trip and keep us all posted. We are looking forward to following along....

Thanks Cmathias. I'll keep you guys posted. Its looking like the first week of May will be my ETD.

Randy

2011 RGC Vivid Black
Heritage Bars
Old 04-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Grey beard

East coast of Canada and US is on my list of rides. It'll be a few years before I can take a couple of months and do it properly though.

Have a safe trip.

Stephen
SEPRT
16" TRSSC Cee Bailey Windshield
Sancho's Wings
Mustang Seat
J & M Speakers
Drago's True Duals
Apparently not as black as I thought...

Old 04-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Thanks Cmathias. I'll keep you guys posted. Its looking like the first week of May will be my ETD.
I'm doing the same thing, but I think it'll be the last week of April. I had a destination in mind but the more I think about it I think it will be more a direction and see where I end up. I'll have about 11 days.

The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real
Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rowdy

This is one of the best threads I have read since I joined this forum... Thanks for sharing guys...

Rowdy

Revolution 107CI, HQ575cams, Revolution Performance Tuner, Drago Bike Works Super Charged 2-1 Exhaust, Rivera Pro Clutch, HD Blacked out Forks and Cow Bells, Chubby 14" Apes, Hawg Wired Front to Back, Madstad 16" Dark Smoke. etc...
Old 04-17-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Andyman...great write-up! I know all the feelings to which you refer. I'll confess that I don't camp anymore. Always cheap motels for me. I've stayed in some doozies, that's for sure.

Cmathias....you're doing the right thing, placing the family and home obligations first. I did that for years, was fortunate enough to retire early (at 46), and do some things that many others only dream of. I make a WHOLE lot less money nowadays, but plenty to keep me happy. One of the secrets is to NEVER compare yourself and what you have to anyone else. Our only true challenges and competition should come from within.

I'm precisely who I want to be. Wouldn't change one friggin' thing!
No truer words have ever been spoken.
2010 FLTRX - Stage 4 SE 113 - MVA Heads, 10.5:1, SE266E cams, 58mm TB, 5.3 gr/s injectors, Polished and plated motor and trans and a few chrome extras. Fullsac DX Header and Freedom Performance Classic 4" Slip-ons. Titan II 6.5 speakers with RF PBR300x2, Monroe Airshocks
1996 Tail dragin' Fatboy
Old 04-19-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
I'm doing the same thing, but I think it'll be the last week of April. I had a destination in mind but the more I think about it I think it will be more a direction and see where I end up. I'll have about 11 days.
QS....have a safe trip, man. Freedom in your face!!

Randy

2011 RGC Vivid Black
Heritage Bars
Old 04-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Prospect

Thumbs up

I've really enjoyed reading this thread guys.

I've done Atlanta Ga to Winnsboro Tx in one shot. Split the return up into two days, sure enjoyed the back road much more. Two full days was nice, gonna hafta work in one of those week trips.

Sounds "cleansing"

Cool stuff guys.

Beavz

Bug guts look better than dust on a bike... just sayin'
Old 04-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Hangaround

Man, this thread really makes me miss my long rides. I used to head out solo for 5-9 days at a time and rode all over the US. My job at the time offered 5 weeks vacation per year and I had no kids. In the past 8 years, I've changed jobs to where I only get 1 week of vacation per year and I had two incredible boys. So I may not get to travel like I used to but I will again. Those long solo rides do wonders for the soul and made some incredible memories that will last me a lifetime.