14.5 inch Madstad - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Roadglide.org Site Sponsors Forums > Madstad Engineering

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Grey beard

Default 14.5 inch Madstad

Yesterday I got my 14.5 inch Madstad from Mark. He specialy cut the 14.5 at no extra charge and gave me a Military discount. This is my third shield as most have had and some more. I have to say I will not need or want any other shield. The Madstad is unbelieveable, get the slight breeze and no buffeting. My wife is now happy riding the RGU, before she refused and we took the old 94 Heritage out when she wanted to ride. Instructions were good, it took me about 45 minutes to install and based on setting that I seen others use on the forum I am happy with my first setup. Thanks Mark a GREAT product!!

Greg Cissell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6340.jpg (88.1 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8407.jpg (69.9 KB, 230 views)

Old Paratroopers Never Die We Go To Hell And Regroup!!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rowdy

Congrats. The folks at Madstad defintly get it when it comes to customer service. That shield looks great on your bike.

Rowdy

Revolution 107CI, HQ575cams, Revolution Performance Tuner, Drago Bike Works Super Charged 2-1 Exhaust, Rivera Pro Clutch, HD Blacked out Forks and Cow Bells, Chubby 14" Apes, Hawg Wired Front to Back, Madstad 16" Dark Smoke. etc...
Old 11-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Grey beard

14.5" seems like the perfect size. They should make that standard.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Grey beard

I agree I was not sure if I should get the 13 or 16 but once I talked with Mark and he told me he could do the 14.5 or any oter size I wanted. Thought the 16 would be to tall and the 13 to low even with the adjustment the Madstad provides. I really like the size I got.

Old Paratroopers Never Die We Go To Hell And Regroup!!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:19 PM

Looks good on the bike. I spoke to Mark a few weeks ago, but still have not pulled the trigger. Can not decide on color , whether I want the dark or medium tint. And if I want to spend the money on ANOTHER shield.

2012 Maple CVO
Old 06-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit 7 View Post
Yesterday I got my 14.5 inch Madstad from Mark. He specialy cut the 14.5 at no extra charge and gave me a Military discount. This is my third shield as most have had and some more. I have to say I will not need or want any other shield. The Madstad is unbelieveable, get the slight breeze and no buffeting. My wife is now happy riding the RGU, before she refused and we took the old 94 Heritage out when she wanted to ride. Instructions were good, it took me about 45 minutes to install and based on setting that I seen others use on the forum I am happy with my first setup. Thanks Mark a GREAT product!!

Greg Cissell
I have a 13 inch dark i like it but at night i loose most of my low beam vision and when i am with the wife i raise it up and end up looking through it. I like the looks of yours and was thinking of ordering a 14.5 med tint. How do you find it for night riding and looking through during the day?
Old 06-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02heritage View Post
Looks good on the bike. I spoke to Mark a few weeks ago, but still have not pulled the trigger. Can not decide on color , whether I want the dark or medium tint. And if I want to spend the money on ANOTHER shield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVR-DUN View Post
I have a 13 inch dark i like it but at night i loose most of my low beam vision and when i am with the wife i raise it up and end up looking through it. I like the looks of yours and was thinking of ordering a 14.5 med tint. How do you find it for night riding and looking through during the day?
Although the Madstad for the Road Glide comes in EXTRA DARK or medium, it can be ordered in (NOT extra) dark. That's what I did, and I can't wait to get this thing.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Prospect

Yeah i think that's the way to go. The extra dark looks good imo but at night i lost all the benefits of the daymakers i put on. I'm going to order a 14.5 medium tint i do to much highway and night riding not to pull the trigger on one. I'll keep the dark one for regular day ride short hops as i like it for that.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Prospect

The 4 screw switch over from dark to medium when my wife comes will give me something to do instead of saying are you still not ready yet ten times while waiting for her. lol
Old 06-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Life Member

Now THAT'S funny!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.