Help, looking for a 21" contrast wheel - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Wheels and Tires

Wheels and Tires Section for Roadglide wheels and tires

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 10-29-2012, 11:45 PM

Default Help, looking for a 21" contrast wheel

Well I'm curious if some of you's might have any suggestions on a 21" contrast cut 5 spoke mag wheel. I'm looking for something that is "similar" to the factory wheel look of my 12 road glide custom. I have the rear end lowered quite a bit so no need to swap out the rear just looking for a spoked mag wheel in contrast color that has a metal lip to the rim. Seems like every contrast wheel i see has a black lip to the rim, not what I'm looking for so any company or wheel makers please feel free to suggest some for me.
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 12:51 PM
www.hogpro.com

All of our black wheels have black rims and lips. The only wheel that has a little contrast on the rim portion itself is the Shelby. Here is a pic although I don;t think it is what you are looking for.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:05 PM

I like that wheel alot...
Old 10-31-2012, 05:35 PM
www.hogpro.com

Here is a pic of it on an actual motorcycle. It looks much more at home on a bike. I'm not sure what happened to the customers fender. I am sure he told me but the memory is not all it used to be.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Hangaround

hogpro has a lot of options... http://hogpro.com/showsubcat2.php?catid=1&subcatid=29 but I have not see one that looks stock in a 21. If you are going to spend the money get some bling in there.

Another site is http://sinisterwheel.com/

There are several to offer contrast cut.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
Old 10-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Life Member

Just a heads up. A lot of people go to the contrast cut because they think its much less cleaning. In fact they require a lot of cleaning to keep them looking really good. I have several buddies that regret thier decision for that reason. They say they never look like new after the first 1000 miles. Just food for thought. I'm sure there's 1000's of people out there who love em.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:52 AM

Thanks for the input everyone. yeah I'm only swapping out the front rim and want something that isnt too far off the factory looking rim. I mean i don't want to put a chrome wheel upfront and still run the stock one out back, but my bike is lowered and you can barely see the rear rim only when parked, but it's the silver lip that you see, so I'd like a contrast cut rim in the front of similar style. I'll check those companies out, I'm sure one of them will offer what I'm looking for.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:45 PM
www.hogpro.com

On a Road Glide the rear wheel is not very noticeable and if the bike were mine I would not bother trying to match the front to the rear. Many people do extended bags which hides the entire rear wheel which is another option. Out of all of my customers I'd say at least 40% do the front wheel only on baggers and don't worry about the rear at all.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

Unless you're a "wheel guy" and also anal about the look of your bike, in which case you find a way to afford both front and rear! Not that I'm that way or anything ....
Old 11-03-2012, 07:52 PM

Hogpro you're right. The hell with the back wheel! I was planning on extended bags in the future too! So that will even make seeing the rear rim even that less noticeable. I also have CFR's on my bike which cover up a good amount so far! Think I may go the bling'd out route! Gonna chrome the front end of the bike this later this month. Just deciding on what wheel I like best, too many choices out there!