Another funny fluids change story. - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Hangaround

Default Another funny fluids change story.

I got my GF an '09 Dyna Super Glide back in the spring and it is her only means of transportation, she's already put 9k mi on it. She generally does most of her own work and she's very stubborn to work with (she's 20 yrs younger than me, maybe I'm the stubborn one). So I showed her how to change the fluids out a few months ago because she'd been riding BMW and Honda bikes up to now. So yesterday she says shes going to change her oil, a few minutes later she comes storming back into the house and miss know it all says, "I drained the oil but only about one quart came out and the dip stick still reads full, WTF", I said you drained the transmission oil. I love that she does her own work but I just can't work along side her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 09:35 AM

She deserves a lot of credit--not only for riding but also for trying to do her own work.

You are a lucky man to have her--show her lots of TLC and work with her.

Louisville Joe
Old 11-03-2012, 09:45 AM

That's great! I use Redline in the tranny, Amsoil everywhere else. There is no mistaking the red fluid color when I drain the tranny.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Grey beard

easy thing to do..especially if engine oil is used in the trans.even after 10 years with my dyna,I still look at the service manual every time just to be sure.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Wooden Nickel

The easy solution is to find someone your own age and you will probably have to change the oil for her. ahahahaha Good luck, been there (much younger), done that, no more!!
Old 11-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

Thanks a lot Nickel, I'm sure there were many of us older types who read his post and were just day dreaming about what it would be like to have a wife or GF that's 20 years younger ..... of course the first thoughts were physical .... must be great sex, etc. and then you come along and buzz-kill the whole image. Thanks a lot!

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:34 AM

Oh yeah, and props for the age gap, I always date younger, this way they have a fair chance at keeping up with me!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Wooden Nickel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods_Maine View Post
Thanks a lot Nickel, I'm sure there were many of us older types who read his post and were just day dreaming about what it would be like to have a wife or GF that's 20 years younger ..... of course the first thoughts were physical .... must be great sex, etc. and then you come along and buzz-kill the whole image. Thanks a lot!
You are quite welcome. The image you had was great, but I must say there were other greater disappoints that came with it. If you want to fantaSIZE and such, be my guest. lol
Old 11-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Grey beard

Wish I had someone 20 years younger to change my uh ahem, fluids!

The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real
Old 11-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooden Nickel View Post
You are quite welcome. The image you had was great, but I must say there were other greater disappoints that came with it. If you want to fantaSIZE and such, be my guest. lol
Just kiddin', Ive got one that I'll be celebrating our 40th Anniversary with next August and I'm still in love. I'm honest enough with myself to know that I couldn't keep up with one 20 years younger ...... well, maybe I could for the first couple months!

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.