Sturgis 2013, after SW3!! - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > Road Glide Gathering > ARCHIVES-SWIII St. George, UT

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahred View Post
I don't do the campground scene. These old bones need a nice bed and all the comforts.
++1 on what he said!! I'm still in Dan barring some unforeseen circumstance. I favor the Gypsy Tour approach leaving SWIII Friday morning and taking 3, hell maybe 4 days getting there. There is so much to see and do out west. Sturgis starts on Monday but as long as we get there it doesn't matter to me being there the first day. Maybe a big loop. A little PCH, the Beartooth Hwy. etc.. Guess we need to sit down and look at a map and see what would work. The PCH may be a little stretch. I'm open to about anything. I've been all over most the country but not north of I-80, especially out west.

Course a lot hinges on when we have to be back.

The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Life Member

Default JRMAC and I

JRMAC and I are heading to Sturgis and tent camp in Aunt Betty's yard. She lives on Lazelle, so front row seats at the circus. He will be 73 next year at the 73rd Sturgis. He didn't get a 72nd Sturgis shirt last year, so a return trip is mandatory.

I would like to head up through the Tetons, into Yellowstone, off to Red Lodge, MO, and head to Sturgis from there. Don't know if I am going to go back and hit the Chief Joseph hwy, or take the 212, or 90.

Or wait until SW is in Red Lodge, MO.

Trailers are for Boats!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
++1 on what he said!! I'm still in Dan barring some unforeseen circumstance. I favor the Gypsy Tour approach leaving SWIII Friday morning and taking 3, hell maybe 4 days getting there. There is so much to see and do out west. Sturgis starts on Monday but as long as we get there it doesn't matter to me being there the first day. Maybe a big loop. A little PCH, the Beartooth Hwy. etc.. Guess we need to sit down and look at a map and see what would work. The PCH may be a little stretch. I'm open to about anything. I've been all over most the country but not north of I-80, especially out west.

Course a lot hinges on when we have to be back.
I'm pretty open as well. I'd like to spend a couple days in Sturgis but not much more...I'm open to the route / sites / days we take getting there. I need to be back in Ohio Aug 11th.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Life Member

Sturgis has turned into just another RUB run. Too many trailer to just outside town.
Then take the bike off and ride into town to a bar. Then say "Wow, what a great ride".
Look around at the bikes parked along the street. You will see a lot of "Show Bikes".
I would like to see the owners ride along beside me for a few days. The last time I went was 1997.
The fun is the ride, not the show.

Vietnam Veteran, PGR, Widow's Son, "lIgh tlhab" (Ride Free)
Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlideRider View Post
Sturgis has turned into just another RUB run. Too many trailer to just outside town.
Then take the bike off and ride into town to a bar. Then say "Wow, what a great ride".
Look around at the bikes parked along the street. You will see a lot of "Show Bikes".
I would like to see the owners ride along beside me for a few days. The last time I went was 1997.
The fun is the ride, not the show.
that's why I don't do sturgis...I don't have a trailer so I would never fit in.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Life Member

I am in one way or another. I am certainly riding for Sturgis when I leave SWIII but how long I'll be there depends on how much time I need to get home. Oh and I will probably tent somewhere along the way and hotel where I can.

950 miles sounds like an easy day and a half ride to arrive midday in Sturgis at some point .

I can't speak for the Cyclops but i know he is in for the ride.

ohya this is gonna be fun, keep me posted

Hotrodad and his 2005 FLTRi, Black Pearl
Old 11-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Administrator

I've always wanted to see the Canadian Rockies! not sure if that's an option Quicksand.... but really I'm open for whatever... just as long as im back in Ohio on the 11th / 12th.

Maybe I should change the thread to the post Sharweek tour!!

Also please lets not start a Sturigs RUB debate... Personally I've never been and I would like to spend at least a day or 2 or 3 in that "region" of the US.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmize View Post
I've always wanted to see the Canadian Rockies! not sure if that's an option Quicksand.... but really I'm open for whatever... just as long as im back in Ohio on the 11th / 12th.

Maybe I should change the thread to the post Sharweek tour!!

Also please lets not start a Sturigs RUB debate... Personally I've never been and I would like to spend at least a day or 2 or 3 in that "region" of the US.
Come on up man. If you want to see some of the most beautiful mountain scenery, just come on up. Tours can be arranged, tour guide will be wearing a HD shirt from Italy no less and works for donuts. Bring a camera, bring a small tripod and be prepared to be gob smacked!
Calgaryglide. '08 Road Glide, Platinum White with wood trim, Thundermax Autotune, Dragula 2:1, Drago 510 cams, Glidepro motor mount and rear bushing, Zippers chain tensioners, K&N a/c, BAL, Rokker XTs and lots of other stuff.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcmsw View Post
I would like to head up through the Tetons, into Yellowstone, off to Red Lodge, MO, and head to Sturgis from there. Don't know if I am going to go back and hit the Chief Joseph hwy, or take the 212, or 90.

Or wait until SW is in Red Lodge, MO.
Great idea! I did that area after Sturgis this year and wish I had spent more time there. The next time I do Sturgis I'll probably spend more time in Cody, WY vicinity and explore the Yellowstone area more. Chief Joseph Hwy., Beartooth, Red Lodge, MT area is beautiful.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmize View Post
As I said I'm open for anything as well Dan. The main thing I guess we need to nail down is accommodations in or around Sturgis. Other then that everything else should fall into place. I'd like to do Beartooth etc.. Not sure if we can work in the Canadian Rockies but we can give it a shot. I have no doubt I can get out of the country, getting back in is my concern LL

Maybe to get the 'Sturgis Experience' we should get with Rob and set up some chairs in Aunt Bettys front yard and spend a day watching the circus go by.

Depending on how hearty you are and how many miles you wanna ride a day I'm thinkin' we need to head back around Friday. I'm about 1500 miles from Sturgis. I'm not sure how far you are.

The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real