Vibration above 65 mph. - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Troubleshooting for Road Glides

Troubleshooting for Road Glides List your Road Glide problems here, and DR. Ruth will answer them.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 10-11-2012, 11:09 AM

Default Same problem between 65-70

I have what I think is the same thing at about 68mph and I have low front tire pressure. When I get front pressure up to 35-37 pounds it seesm to go away. I have spoke wheels and they have alot of balance weight glued to right side of rim. Not my choice but that is how it came from factory.
2012 Road Glide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl, Lowered Front and Rear, 13" Windvest, Arlen Ness A/C, Fuel Moto Ceramic 2:1:2, Jackpot Dyno Tuned 4" Slash-up Mufflers, Power Vision Tune, Heated HD grips, Day-Maker headlights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfltru View Post
I have what I think is the same thing at about 68mph and I have low front tire pressure. When I get front pressure up to 35-37 pounds it seesm to go away. I have spoke wheels and they have alot of balance weight glued to right side of rim. Not my choice but that is how it came from factory.
Harley has been shipping spoked wheels for years with spokes that are loose as a goose. I've had 2 sets of spokes relaced with buchannan spokes and they take little to no weight when balancing with a good tire. It costs a couple hundred bucks a wheel, but it'd be the first thing I did at my first tire change. Plus I like a stainless steel spoke vs a rusty/crappy zinc spoke anyday...
Old 10-18-2012, 08:45 AM

Angry 2013 rgu vibration

Took a trip last weekend and problem got worse the bike is at shop now(Charlies H.D. Htgtn,Wv.) with no solution yet.I've talked to the factory and their suppose to be communicating with the dealer.Supposed to hear from the dealer this afternoon.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rowdy

It amazes me more and more that there are so many Dealerships out there that are so complacent when it comes to safety issues on motorcycles.
Whether it's the decel wobble, high speed shake, warped rotors, bad rear brake switches, bad voltage regulators etc., these problems are well known, i.e., bulletins from corporate, past experience what ever, these ass hats seem to me more than willing to risk OUR lives than is acceptable. In my mind, there would be NO reason to have to get corporate approval to fix a freakin safety problem on a motorcycle. It would seem that forgiveness trumps permission in these cases. If we are paying for the work, $$$ made or $$$ lost, that day, and in the future.

Sorry for the rant... I'm done. Back to your regular programming.

Rowdy

Revolution 107CI, HQ575cams, Revolution Performance Tuner, Drago Bike Works Super Charged 2-1 Exhaust, Rivera Pro Clutch, HD Blacked out Forks and Cow Bells, Chubby 14" Apes, Hawg Wired Front to Back, Madstad 16" Dark Smoke. etc...
Old 10-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Grey beard

AMEN to that! I'll give tha a big +1k.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM

Default Vibration above 65 mph.

Got a call from dealer today,factory rep.had them drain oil and cut oil filter in half.Due to the amount of metal found they are replacing the power train.Don't know the specifics don't care.I don't even think the dealer I bought the bike from even changed oil for the 1,000 mile check.That dealer won't be seeing me.(Like he gives a sh..!)I'm laying low until I get my new motor and then I will give the guy who told me the motor needed to be ran more and the vib. would go away.This is one dealership that could give a sh..! about anybodies safety.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:07 PM

i have a simmler problem i havent found the soultion to yet. mine shakes violently between 40-44 mph. the shake is so bad it would wreck you .
Old 11-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddog View Post
i have a simmler problem i havent found the soultion to yet. mine shakes violently between 40-44 mph. the shake is so bad it would wreck you .

sddog, If you haven't already... have your head bearing checked at the dealer. It may need to be adjusted and have some grease put in. That is a common cause for the wobble at that speed.

2012 FLTRXSE Skunk, Power Duals w/High Output, Ohlins rear shocks, 13" Madstad, Corbin Classic Solo