Thanks Fuel Moto and Big Twins Cycle - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Intake and Exhaust

Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides
Sponsored by: Cobra

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 10-29-2012, 09:30 AM

Default Thanks Fuel Moto and Big Twins Cycle

Just completed installing the Fuel Moto 2:1:2 ceramic head pipe, Dyno tuned 4" slash-up mufflers, and an AN Big Sucker with power vision tune. Sounds and runs great. Did not do an autotune yet just used the preloaded tune from Fuel Moto. Will wait until spring to do autotune.

If you are in Kansas City area the work was done by Big Twins Cycle in Edwardsville. Good guys to work with.
2012 Road Glide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl, Lowered Front and Rear, 13" Windvest, Arlen Ness A/C, Fuel Moto Ceramic 2:1:2, Jackpot Dyno Tuned 4" Slash-up Mufflers, Power Vision Tune, Heated HD grips, Day-Maker headlights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rowdy

Congrats... Sounds like a nice set up.

Rowdy

Revolution 107CI, HQ575cams, Revolution Performance Tuner, Drago Bike Works Super Charged 2-1 Exhaust, Rivera Pro Clutch, HD Blacked out Forks and Cow Bells, Chubby 14" Apes, Hawg Wired Front to Back, Madstad 16" Dark Smoke. etc...
Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfltru View Post
Just completed installing the Fuel Moto 2:1:2 ceramic head pipe, Dyno tuned 4" slash-up mufflers, and an AN Big Sucker with power vision tune. Sounds and runs great. Did not do an autotune yet just used the preloaded tune from Fuel Moto. Will wait until spring to do autotune.

If you are in Kansas City area the work was done by Big Twins Cycle in Edwardsville. Good guys to work with.
Is the sound too much for touring, ie can't hear radio and have a ringing head after a few hours in the saddle? I'm considering the same mufflers/headers is why I ask.

Last edited by ChivoChavez321; 11-04-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Life Member

Had HD True Duals on mine ~ Oil Temp 227 ~ added FM 2/1/2 Ceramic ~ Oil Temp 209 ~ Just Sayin ~ Bike is alot Stronger ~ have not Redyno'd with FM's pipe ~ But I'm sure I will
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:39 PM

Default reply ChivoChavez321

I can still hear radio, intercom, and CB fine with both helmut mounted and fairing mounted speakers. Intercom is fine. This setup is just a bit louder than stock when cruising/touring and gets a kick when you hit the throttle. I am pleased with the sound and performance.
2012 Road Glide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl, Lowered Front and Rear, 13" Windvest, Arlen Ness A/C, Fuel Moto Ceramic 2:1:2, Jackpot Dyno Tuned 4" Slash-up Mufflers, Power Vision Tune, Heated HD grips, Day-Maker headlights.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Prospect

Just installed arlen ness big sucker yesterday and I came up with the same fuel moto combo 2-1-2, 4" dyno slash up mufflers and PV tuner. I will order mine tomorrow. Did you get the map for this set up preinstalled on your PV from fuel moto?? just like to know before I order mine.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Life Member

Have FM install the Map for you ~ they dynotune daily and will email you a new map if you have any issues at all.
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PV w A/T Pro~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan, Hayden M6.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:33 PM

Yes the PV came with a preloaded map from Fuel Moto. I loaded that map and have been running with it for about 200 miles now. Bike runs great. I will probably perform a basic autotune in later spring next year just to fine tune to appease my techy side. But not sure I really need to.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfltru View Post
I can still hear radio, intercom, and CB fine with both helmut mounted and fairing mounted speakers. Intercom is fine. This setup is just a bit louder than stock when cruising/touring and gets a kick when you hit the throttle. I am pleased with the sound and performance.
Perfect information. I planned on Fuel Motos 2-1-2 and was thinking of adding the Jackpot mufflers with it. My concern is with long distance 2 up touring i plan on doing next year, I dont want it too loud.

My decision is now complete. many thanks