Enough!!! - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Troubleshooting for Road Glides

Troubleshooting for Road Glides List your Road Glide problems here, and DR. Ruth will answer them.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 10-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdkkart View Post
Sounds to me like you need a new dealer.
Agree - if after 3 times the dealer cannot get it right, I would suspect that the level of expertise at that dealer is an issue.
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Admin

Had my throttle go bad. They replaced. Not sure why you just can't have it reaplaced?

www.Roadglide.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Send and email addressed to Harley's president/vice president/director of Customer Service. Don't blast him, just give the facts and you want ....
I did send an email to the suggestion area on the HD site. Asking them to please get rid of the TBW. Didn't slame them, just the facts and told them I just didn't feel safe riding it. Just never know what the throttle is going to do leaves me feeling uneasy, seems to be all I think about when riding. Whats the Prezs email address.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Grey beard

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

What you also have is a failure to diagnose by your dealer.

The problem is probably very easily fixed. Follow the advice of others that have had the same issues get their documentation and take it to a good independent, not a know it all, a guy that will listen and learn. If he's any good at all he will look at what others discovered that he can learn from and make the fix to your bike.

He will then store that info and make himself useful to all others that have the same problem, fix it for a reasonable fee and retain the customer relationship.

In the end the options are all yours, you can go back to a cable throttle bike if that is what you really want or you can get your current ride fixed right, safe and enjoyable to you.
Calgaryglide. '08 Road Glide, Platinum White with wood trim, Thundermax Autotune, Dragula 2:1, Drago 510 cams, Glidepro motor mount and rear bushing, Zippers chain tensioners, K&N a/c, BAL, Rokker XTs and lots of other stuff.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryglide View Post
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

What you also have is a failure to diagnose by your dealer.

The problem is probably very easily fixed. Follow the advice of others that have had the same issues get their documentation and take it to a good independent, not a know it all, a guy that will listen and learn. If he's any good at all he will look at what others discovered that he can learn from and make the fix to your bike.

He will then store that info and make himself useful to all others that have the same problem, fix it for a reasonable fee and retain the customer relationship.

In the end the options are all yours, you can go back to a cable throttle bike if that is what you really want or you can get your current ride fixed right, safe and enjoyable to you.
I did the ignition on off key thing prior to heading home from work and had no issues on the ride home. Went by the dealer and talked to the service dept about it. They said the last time I had in they replaced evrything but the throttle body and even removed the green connector that everyone talks about. At the moment, I had to buy a two year extended service plan. My warranty expired in september. Need to ride it 300 miles now, or so I was told, before any extended service under the warranty can be performed. The guys in the service department said not to worry about that. just to bring it in whenever. Have to go away on business this week. Will probably take it in when I get back.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Grey beard

I had a major FI issue with my 2006 Road King Custom that even the HD lead techs from the factory could not diagnose. Caused me to stall out while crossing a busy highway one time. I raised enough stink to the owner of the dealership and they bought it back from me. Didn't even need to enact the lemon law.

Hope you can get this resolved.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Grey beard

Unplug the wires from the throttlebody. Blow them off real good and apply some dielectric grease to the contacts. Give that a try and let us know what happens.
Sundowner seat
Dobeck EJK
Chrome forks
Heritage bars
ISO grips
Cat free head pipes
SE Stage 2 breather
SE 255 cams
Rivera Taper Lite Pushrods
Tour pack
CB radio
More mods to come

Old 11-04-2012, 03:55 AM

I'll chime in here because I'm on the verge of trading mine in as well. Pulled out of the neighborhood, shifted into 2nd, gave it some gas and NOTHING, but a check engine light and a throttle revving up. It was like I was riding in neutral! Shifted through the gears as I coasted down the street at 15 mph (in a 55mph zone), and still no response. Turned it off, let it set for about 5 while I made some phone calls, started it back up and everything was fine.

Rode it home, then to the dealer. They ran the code reader on it, came up with faulty throttle actuator. They cleared the code from the reader and it read no faults. Rode it all day, no problem. They called it a "hiccup"! Crank it up to ride home last night.....this time 70 miles from home, shift to 2nd, bam same issue! Took about ten minutes to get it going this time! That happens at night on I-95, I'm dead! Period!

Frustrated as HELL!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:14 AM

Some people dont value the post office and the mail anymore but a certified letter still means alot more then a email does. Might want to try that route.

Sent from my SCH-I535
Old 11-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Hangaround

Sorry, couldn't readily find their email addresses. Suggest you send a old school registered letter to the Chairman of the Board and the COO.

Mr. Keith E. Wandell , 62
Chairman of The Board, Chief Exec. Officer and Pres

Mr. Matthew S. Levatich , 47
Pres of Harley-Davidson Motor Company and Chief Operating Officer of Harley-Davidson Motor Company

Harley-Davidson, Inc.
3700 West Juneau Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53208
United States

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.