Windvest is a new sponsor! - Page 8 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Roadglide.org Site Sponsors Forums > Windvest

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 06-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Hangaround

Just got off the phone with Windvest to see if they could help me with a previous order of a 10 inch Gun Smoke shield I got from Powersport Superstore. (Do not order from them by the way). The 10" was too short for me and I could not get in contact with Powersports to try to get a return and get a bigger shield. Windvest stepped up big for me and gave me a great deal on a 12" shield. Trying to find the perfect shield is a PITA but it is so much easier when you are working with geat people and a great company thats all I can say.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:27 PM

Talking

I just ordered the 15" Light Smoke WV this afternoon. I can't wait to get it and try it out! Thank you Tami for the ease of ordering and the forum discount!!! Looking forward to working with yall in the future!!!

2011 FLTRU Merlot Sunglow VH Rush pipes, Stage 1 download & cleaner, soon to be 15" WV, and next is the upgrade to the speakers
Old 09-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Prospect

Hi Tami
I'm Very interested in ordering one 12" Gunsmoke...... So how do I go about getting the 10% member discount..?

Thanks!
Old 09-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Windvest Expert

Hi Still Grumpy...when you place your order online indicate in the special instruction area that you are a RG.org member and would like the 10% discount. We'll take care of you!! Or just give us a call toll free 877-370-7326.
Take care
Tami Dober
WindVest Motorcycle Products
Old 09-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Hangaround

Went to Reno for Street Vibrations last week and rode over to Carson HD to check out Windvest, I got there a before Doug and Tami were open for business . Doug stopped what he was doing to fit a shield for me. I had a 12" klock werks shield that i liked the looks of but was getting way too much buffeting and on long rides would just make the ride tiring. He decided that a 13" would be plenty tall enough and it is. I can leave my face shield open up to 70 mph. I can also hear my music in helmet and the dash speakers a lot better than before. Service was great and Doug took care of a few small problems with the install. I am 6'2" with 34" inseam.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 PM

Default Demo?

How does one go about getting hooked up with a demo shield?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 AM

Fireglide...you may have posted this else where but I am too much of a n00b to figure out where so...care to share how tall you are? Inseam length? I just cannot decide what size shield to get. Any info would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireglide View Post
Went to Reno for Street Vibrations last week and rode over to Carson HD to check out Windvest, I got there a before Doug and Tami were open for business . Doug stopped what he was doing to fit a shield for me. I had a 12" klock werks shield that i liked the looks of but was getting way too much buffeting and on long rides would just make the ride tiring. He decided that a 13" would be plenty tall enough and it is. I can leave my face shield open up to 70 mph. I can also hear my music in helmet and the dash speakers a lot better than before. Service was great and Doug took care of a few small problems with the install. I am 6'2" with 34" inseam.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:19 PM

Looking at the windvest website, it is recommending a 14" for a 5'10" rider on an ultra. I kinda hunch down a bit when I ride, so should I go with a 13"? And how do I decide between light smoke and gun smoke? I don't do much night time riding if I can help it.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueme View Post
Looking at the windvest website, it is recommending a 14" for a 5'10" rider on an ultra. I kinda hunch down a bit when I ride, so should I go with a 13"? And how do I decide between light smoke and gun smoke? I don't do much night time riding if I can help it.
I'm 6' on an Ultra and have a 15", wish it were 15.5. If using a shorter shield, darker is probably ok.

Not surprising, this being my 800th post, that it's about windshields.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Prospect

Send a message via Skype™ to TLKurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueme View Post
I'm only 5'9" and I've got the 14" gun smoke windvest on my RGC. It's perfect. Not too tall, but tall enough to block a lot of wind/rain/rocks or whatever and I can see over it just fine.