Advice on selling a bike needed - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 08:12 AM
BDMastiff's Avatar
BDMastiff BDMastiff is offline
Life Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Left Coast
Posts: 2,071

The best way is face to face with cash. I'm sure there are escrow companies that can handle the transaction if your not comfortable with it. I've always managed to sell my bikes to friends or get great deals as a trade-in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Cosmic Charlie's Avatar
Cosmic Charlie Cosmic Charlie is offline
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N.E. MA
Posts: 197

I bought my bike by "Cash" Bank Transfer

My Bank to Fed Reserve to His Bank

Takes about 1 hour after it is pre-set up ...

No Risk ... money wise


If the seller has to wait for the title from the bank ... the buyer may be waiting forever ... if seller is lazy, busts out, runs away, goes to jail, dies, wifes protests ... you get the idea - you get zip (or a law suit)

HD will ONLY send the title by mail to the person listed on it, regardless of who pays it off, unless a court order is demanded and the court has to be where the bike / title / county / state ... is. (ie - not your home state usually)

The seller can have a lawyer work with the buyers lawyer - alot less risk - about $300 per lawyer. $300 could save you $20,000 in head aches ....

or things could work out fine - feel lucky ?
What a Long Strange Trip It's Been
2009 FLTRSE3 RG SE 110 Electric Orange
D&D Boss Fat Cats with Ghost Pipe
TTS Tuner
Ohlin's #3-3
J&M 7 1/4's & 250 amp
Utopia Drivers Back Rest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 04:56 PM
panhead's Avatar
panhead panhead is offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 554

I would wait till the bank check is clear then send the bike with the shipping company.I then would send the title overnight mail with return reciept request to prove he recieved it and do the same with the lien release when that comes in. I would definitley would not send the title with the bike.The title will beat the bike to the new owner anyway. In Ny you can register the item and the lien will show up on the title of the new owners title then he could save the release till he sells it or retitle it later. If it were me, I would wait until paperwork was in hand to register the bike. I have done this and had no problems as long as all players are on the same page.
2011 COOL BLUE PEARL FLTRX , 120R, too much to list...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Design By: Miner
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
H-D, Harley-Davidson, and Harley-Davidson Logos are registered trademarks of H-D Michigan, Inc. Harley-Davidson in no way endorses or is affiliated with this site.