Advice on selling a bike needed - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 10-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Life Member

The best way is face to face with cash. I'm sure there are escrow companies that can handle the transaction if your not comfortable with it. I've always managed to sell my bikes to friends or get great deals as a trade-in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Hangaround

I bought my bike by "Cash" Bank Transfer

My Bank to Fed Reserve to His Bank

Takes about 1 hour after it is pre-set up ...

No Risk ... money wise

FYI

If the seller has to wait for the title from the bank ... the buyer may be waiting forever ... if seller is lazy, busts out, runs away, goes to jail, dies, wifes protests ... you get the idea - you get zip (or a law suit)

HD will ONLY send the title by mail to the person listed on it, regardless of who pays it off, unless a court order is demanded and the court has to be where the bike / title / county / state ... is. (ie - not your home state usually)

The seller can have a lawyer work with the buyers lawyer - alot less risk - about $300 per lawyer. $300 could save you $20,000 in head aches ....

or things could work out fine - feel lucky ?
CeeBaileysSuperStepContour14"
TTS Tuner
Ohlin's #3-3
J&M 7 1/4's & 250 amp
Utopia Drivers Back Rest
Old 11-04-2012, 04:56 PM

I would wait till the bank check is clear then send the bike with the shipping company.I then would send the title overnight mail with return reciept request to prove he recieved it and do the same with the lien release when that comes in. I would definitley would not send the title with the bike.The title will beat the bike to the new owner anyway. In Ny you can register the item and the lien will show up on the title of the new owners title then he could save the release till he sells it or retitle it later. If it were me, I would wait until paperwork was in hand to register the bike. I have done this and had no problems as long as all players are on the same page.
2011 COOL BLUE PEARL FLTRX , 120R,tman 660sm cams, tman push rods, S&S lifters,fueling cam plate amd oil pump, HPI 58 mm tb, hayden primary tensioner, SE race clutch, muller power clutch, thunder max ECM,Dragula 2 into1, WO572 14" chubbies, progressive 940s,ricor 41mm intiminatores,12'' windvest....