Grips. - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Controls & Handlebars

Controls & Handlebars Controls and Handlebars for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-04-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaf75 View Post
Not to hi-jack but when you take them off are you going to sell them? I love the look of them
Assuming that they can come off without slicing the rubber on the inside, yes I will be selling them. I have to see if there is any glue on the clutch side grip holding it in place. I didn't install them, Yaffe did since I had to have them wire my bars.
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGCBandit View Post
Assuming that they can come off without slicing the rubber on the inside, yes I will be selling them. I have to see if there is any glue on the clutch side grip holding it in place. I didn't install them, Yaffe did since I had to have them wire my bars.
Aftermarket grips shouldnt be glued, they will slide off easily when you take the controls apart. PM me if and when you decide on a new set

No matter how good she looks someone somewhere is sick of her shit
Old 11-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmark View Post
HD Get a Grip

+1, like 'em, fairly comfortable and you really do have a positive grip, gloves or not. Started to get the streamliner to match all my pegs, shifter and brake pedal but liked these better.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaf75 View Post
Aftermarket grips shouldnt be glued, they will slide off easily when you take the controls apart. PM me if and when you decide on a new set
Will do. Thanks
Old 11-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Life Member

I too for the streamliner grips to match the rear of the bike but I'm a little disappointed in the end caps being not all one piece with the rear of the grip, and that they are loose and only getting looser and looser. I saw that a lot of the CVO grips are the same way. Any one running I tot the same thing with them or similar?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUBlue View Post
+1, like 'em, fairly comfortable and you really do have a positive grip, gloves or not. Started to get the streamliner to match all my pegs, shifter and brake pedal but liked these better.
+1. Very good grips and very comfortable as well and you don't have to glue on HD grips. The OP should take inconsideration that in Tucson, AZ you may not want grips that have metal where your hands may be.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:21 AM

I work nights so its not that bad with metal grips. My softail had metal only grips on it for yrs...no comfort just looks...now I want comfort and hopefully it'll have looks.

Sent from my SCH-I535
Old 11-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Prospect

I just picked up the hd heated grips (plain black rubber) & the cvo bars. Can't wait to put them on in a few weeks. Gotta finish a house project first.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Grey beard

Avon Grips Boss performance Rubber on my Ultra ~ Loved them ~ on the RG ~ I don't plan on changing the CVO grips.... The assists built in the AVONS make riding a pleasure ~ not as cool looking ~ but I ride 35 - 40k per year and I think cool is the number on the ODO...
2012 FLTRXSE Skunk S&S 124/HPI 66, PCV w A/T ~ Chopped Tour Pack, Lowers, 11" Tinted MadStad, S&S Power Tune Duals Jet Hot Black, Daymaker LED's, Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector, Fork Baffle, Pro 940's & Pro Monotubes, Baker DD7, Zumo 660, Vulcanworks Solid Sproket, Barnett Scorpion, Jaggs 10 Row oil Cooler w/Fan.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerglasses View Post
I work nights so its not that bad with metal grips. My softail had metal only grips on it for yrs...no comfort just looks...now I want comfort and hopefully it'll have looks.

Sent from my SCH-I535
HD Get a Grip will give you comfort and looks. Get a grip comes in 2 sizes regular and magnum for us that have bigger hands.