Cruise install? - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Controls & Handlebars

Controls & Handlebars Controls and Handlebars for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Default Cruise install?

Anyone install cruise themselves?

Stealer wants 3 hours @ 80 pr hr to install.

Considering doing it myself when I have it apart this winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 09:25 PM

$80 an hour sounds good to me. My dealer charges $105 an hour...

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Life Member

If you do the install of parts yourself, you may save a little. The kit just has Handlebar controls and dash switch.
No servo any more. But the Cruise will still need a Dealer Download to activate the Cruise in the ECM.
Most dealers charge a minimum half hour labor to do the download. So you will not save much.
Plus if they do the entire job and there is a problem, they will eat all labor for any repair.
If you install the parts, they will only cover the download. If there is any other problem, you will eat it.

Vietnam Veteran, PGR, Widow's Son, "lIgh tlhab" (Ride Free)

Last edited by RoadGlideRider; 11-04-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlideRider View Post
If you do the install of parts yourself, you may save a little. The kit just has Handlebar controls and dash switch.
No servo any more. But the Cruise will still need a Dealer Download to activate the Cruise in the ECM.
Most dealers charge a minimum half hour labor to do the download. So you will not save much.
Plus if they do the entire job and there is a problem, they will eat all labor for any repair.
If you install the parts, they will only cover the download. If there is any other problem, you will eat it.
+1 on that. Youll save alil but with the extra money youll pay to have them install it takes all fault away from you if something goes wrong

Some people just need a high-five. In the head. With a chair
Old 11-05-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlideRider View Post
Maybe.. maybe not. I installed cruise on my 10 RGC.. After hooking it up.. Flipped on the dash switch and guess what.. The CRUISE worked.. I did not need to have Stealer do anything...
So.. Sometimes.. the ECM is enabled when not installed.. FYI... and technically the dealer does not have to download.. The ECM is already cruise functional.. There is a toggle bit that just needs to be turned on.. if it is turned off at the factory.

Note.. when Turning on the dash switch.. If red cruise indicator come on in speedo.. then you're good to go..
2010 FLTRX - Stage 4 SE 113 - MVA Heads, 10.5:1, SE266E cams, 58mm TB, 5.3 gr/s injectors, Polished and plated motor and trans and a few chrome extras. Fullsac DX Header and Freedom Performance Classic 4" Slip-ons. Titan II 6.5 speakers with RF PBR300x2, Monroe Airshocks
1996 Tail dragin' Fatboy

Last edited by CNMTurner; 11-05-2012 at 08:47 AM.