Throttle lag? - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Road Glide Equipment

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 09-22-2012, 02:05 PM

Throttle lag seems to vary from bike to bike. I have none.
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 AM

Default ECM Recalibration

Before spending money, I had this problem with my 2010 Street Glide, which I replaced with a 2013 Road Glide Custom. Make sure your ECM has the latest update. This applies to ECM's labeled 34245-09 or greater 34246-08A or greater. The Calibration ID I was running was 31882-10B but had it reflashed to 31882-10D, thank you Schoch's Harley, and the problem seemed to disappear. Note: DO NOT install calibrations on ECM/ICM Modules that have been Race Tuned or have Screamin Eagle Performance Parts. I hope this helped
Old 09-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Grey beard

Still trying to get used to the TBW on my new 2012. I find it to be both laggy and twitchy. Mostly when opening the throttle or while shifting. I'll have to ask the dealer if they have flashed the ECM to the latest firmware.

I also find the TBW to be twitchy when puttin along in lower gears. Particularly a problem when on rough roads...
Old 09-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Life Member

The first thing I put on my roadie. Huge difference even on a CVO.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:44 AM

I want to know how the Babe in the linked video changed her sleeve from her left arm to her right, now that's a trick.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 PM

Everyone has throttle lag to some degree or another. A tuner will help but there will still be throttle cause from what I am told the TBW will not open up fully until 3000RPM. I have cam'd the bike added a tuner, breather and pipes and after adding the throttle pak I definatly noticed a difference. It causes a hesitation if i jump it too hard once in a while but most times it is a noticable improvement and super easy to install, just make sure and use dialectric (sp) grease to keep the conection solid.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Life Member

My '11 CVO had it something fierce. Throttle Pack was the first upgrade I did. Works great.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Life Member

My 2012 FLTRX definitely lags from a dead stop. I twist the throttle and release the clutch and, after a couple of seconds it feels like it suddenly "drops" in and then accelerates. Is this what others have experienced? It doesn't happen at any other time. Only when starting from a full stop. I just bought a Power Vision which I was told would correct the problem. Any truth to this?
2012 FLTRX, BBP, 13" MadStad, Fuel Moto Pro Billet AC and 4" Dyno Tuned Jackpots, catless header, DinoJet Power Vision, Horizon Helibars, Iron Aces mount, HD Aileron grips, Ward's cooling fans, Mustang Wide Tripper solo, CD Plasma Rods and LED turns...
Old 12-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Life Member

Had it pretty bad as well till I made some adjustments to my PCV. Now if anything it's too sensitive in lower gears. However I can live with it.
12 Black RGC / Stage II / 2-1-2 exhaust / Woods 222 cams / PV-1 / SE Touring Mufflers / 12" Wind Vest / Rockers 7.25 / Sancho Wings / Blackend Heritage bars / Mustang diamond seat / 944 progressive shocks / Painted inner fairing / painted mean mug
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeshog View Post
Everyone has throttle lag to some degree or another. A tuner will help but there will still be throttle cause from what I am told the TBW will not open up fully until 3000RPM. I have cam'd the bike added a tuner, breather and pipes and after adding the throttle pak I definatly noticed a difference. It causes a hesitation if i jump it too hard once in a while but most times it is a noticable improvement and super easy to install, just make sure and use dialectric (sp) grease to keep the conection solid.
Yeah I hate it when this happens. Drives me crazy. It's limiting the throttle opening based on engine speed, gear and I believe road speed. In the PCV software you can see the factory setting limits in 1st and 2nd gear.

It reminds me of how the traction control works in my wifes corvette. You jump on it and as soon as it starts to get fun, traction control says "NO fun for you!"