Need opinion on seats. Lower back pain - Page 4 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Seating: seats, backrests

Seating: seats, backrests SEATING: seats, backrests for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 05-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rowdy

Hopefully I will have some feedback in the next couple of days on the HD Tallboy seat. Mine should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. If it gets here tomorrow, I can get a ride in on Wednesday, if not ??? I am not sure when it will clear up here. We had our one day of sunchine yesterday, so now we have to wait on Mother Nature to come up with another.
I have had back issues with both the Ultra seat on mine, and the stock 2010 seat. I don't have any previous back injuries, but my back starts burnin early in rides these days. I am already running PYO bars which helped, but I am still not there yet as far as eliminating the back pain. I do have a rider back rest, but haven't run it at all on this bike. Gonna try that out as well.
I spent a TON of cash on my SG seat, and it was awesome, but when I say TON of cash, that's exactly what I mean. I may have to give a shout out to Mean City if this doesn't solve my issues.

Rowdy

Revolution 107CI, HQ575cams, Revolution Performance Tuner, Drago Bike Works Super Charged 2-1 Exhaust, Rivera Pro Clutch, HD Blacked out Forks and Cow Bells, Chubby 14" Apes, Hawg Wired Front to Back, Madstad 16" Dark Smoke. etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Life Member

sorry to hear. I am only 36 and have been dealing with back pain since i was 15 years old. No surgeries yet but have had a couple epidurals, that have helped.
i have been riding the last few times without my back rest and can feel the pain coming back on.
i really thing having a back rest for low back support makes a big difference. Especially on longer trips.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Hangaround

mustang works well. I was told by mustang that only the super solo lowers you an inch and back. Regulasr solo is the same. I LOVE mine

She goes by "The Blue Devil"
2011 Cool Blue Road Glide Custom
103 CI V Twin

Arlen Ness Deep Cut Hot Legs
Custom Corbins
Advanced Powder Coating (Lindon UT)
Cool Blue Inner Fairing
BR's Sweeping Beater Bars
S&S AC
Drago's Dragula Pipe
Screaming Eagle Tuner
Old 11-06-2012, 07:35 PM

I have had back issues in the past, Corbin seats all the way, I could ride all day with no issues.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyB View Post
I will only run a Corbin seat. Husband too. We have yet to find another brand that can compete with them. They are hard as concrete but they are sooo comfortable. If your seat is too soft or pillowy you will only sink into it...it doesnt offer any support.
Very well said. I too run a Corbin and always will. People don't realize that a firm seat allows you to ride a lot longer than those soft pillowy things. With body weight you end up compressing them and riding on the hard seat pan. Give the Corbin a little time to form to you and you are good to go.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Grey beard

Location: Main Residence Perth Western Australia, Secondary Varna Bulgaria, Satellite Houston

Try a kidney belt first for your lower back pain they are about $30.00 for Wal-Mart or home depot. If that doesn’t work you may have to look at seating and bars.

Veritas Vos Liberabit{the truth shall set you free}
Old 12-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Hangaround

Red face seats

h-d police air ride seat with utophia back rest,its the best..