Fixing ta order nother modular - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Additional Related Discussions > Helmets

Helmets Anything and everything to do about Helmets!

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 10-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Prospect

I'm also waiting for JtB's review. I'm at a toss up for the N104 and the Evo3.
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacktheBagger View Post
the Nolan N43 is the one the bar comes off completely , like it , but the bar looks kinda weak , not saying it is mind you , but thats a sharp looking lid with the bar removed as well

JtB
I've used the N43 for a couple years now. The chin bar is very sturdy and comes on and off easily. However, as already posted it is very close to the face. I've got a fat face but still had room for bar. But I ended up loving the large view range without it, I left if off and never put it back on.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
I've used the N43 for a couple years now. The chin bar is very sturdy and comes on and off easily. However, as already posted it is very close to the face. I've got a fat face but still had room for bar. But I ended up loving the large view range without it, I left if off and never put it back on.
I got the N43 (last years model) on clearance for $120 and have to say it works great. Yes, the chin bar is close but I only use it when the temp drops. The view can't be beat. I usually don't use the shield but keep it and the chin bar in the bags in case of wet weather. For me it gives the best options for when I'm not wearing the skid lid.
+2 Sweepers, chrome quickly fading to black

Last edited by dikdark; 11-06-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Hangaround

Sounds like you've already made your choice but my N90, while a flip-up and not a modular, is a terrific helmet. Only problem I had with Nolan was the weight and the lack of an aerodynamically shaped helmet. The Nolans grab a lot of air and it's a problem if you've got even a hint of neck probs. It also doesn't flow as much air through the helmet as I needed here in Texas to keep my head cool.

NOT a modular, but... Bell RS-1 -- 3.5lbs, aerodynamics out the butt, excellent cooling, $349. Toss out another $119 for the 'light changing' face shield and you'll never have to switch shields or glasses again as the light changes. Revzilla's where I got mine and their service is excellent.

BTW, I lost the chin curtain to my Bell, the little piece that snaps into the chin area of the helmet to keep cold air from coming up through the bottom of the helmet, and would appreciate being able to buy one from someone who owns a Bell RS-1 and doesn't need the chin curtain. I've been told the Star's will work but I'd need to see a pic of it to be able to tell for sure.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Well, add this to another thread that's causing me to go broke. I decided to check out modulars at a local dealer that specializes in stuff for touring types. After 30 years of half shells and novelties and less, I'm considering going the full face/modular route. Especially since I plan on doing more long distance riding in the near future plus the attraction of adding a comm system. Oh, and the increasing fear of crashing as CA cage drivers' skills continue to diminish. I liked the Evo very much, especially the ability to roll that chinbar all the way to the back of the helmet, but the fit for my big ol' mellon head just didn't work. The Nolan 104 fit well, but seemed a bit heavy. Then I put on the Shuberth. Oh, man that was like going from a VW Bug to a Cadillac. The fit, the weight, the deluxe padding, everything just screamed buy me. Pricey as hell, though - 700 bucks. It's now on the Christmas list. All I need are some rich friends.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Administrator

wanted the schuberth too , but I put a limit of five bills on this

been wearing it daily for ever since I got it

review to follow

promise

JtB
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Shark of the Month August 13

Like stray mutt, I've been wearing novelty helmets since I bought my first harley. In the last few months I've been tossing around the idea of a full face/modular helmet for winter and long distance riding. Spent what seems likes for ever on the Internet reading specs and reviews on literally everything while trying to narrowing it down, and not going broke buying a $700 unit

Last night I pulled the trigger on a Nolan N104 outlaw hopefully it's a kick ass as everything I've read says it is
Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 PM

Check out Sierra electronics for much better pricing. http://www.sierra-mc.com/

Also check out the new HJC RPHA Max. Very competitive.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Administrator

those prices at sierra are not even close to revzilla

344 for the N104 Outlaw
35 for the anti fog insert
38 for the VPS

416 total

I paid 350 for my N104 Outlaw with the anti fog insert and VPS with free shipping

JtB
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Shark of the Month August 13

I paid $320 and with fee shipping for my N104 outlaw, ordered from big bad power sports, just an FYI.......check them out