Loud Exhaust = Performance ? - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Intake and Exhaust

Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides
Sponsored by: Cobra

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Hangaround

I'm sold on the Kuryakyn Perfect Storm system. It has a nice deep rumble at idle and then you can open it up with the throttle. If your not in a rush to buy wait for Daytona and visit with the Kuryakyn folks and see the system on their Road Glide. That's what sold me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChivoChavez321 View Post
Phoned in order for V&H Monster Ovals and Jackpot 2-1-2 today. Hope I did good.
You did good, Chivo... I love my Monster Ovals. Nice rumble and they open up on accel.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:23 PM

I'm in the same boat.. choosing exhaust..
You might want to talk to Frank at Dragos.. He has 2 into 1 and true duals that are ceramic coated inside and out. He is a sponsor here and many run his pipes. People here say his pipes are first class.
He has just announced a H pipe.. 2-1-2.. that will be available soon..

I believe all of his pipes come with different size baffles.. so you can manage the sound and back pressure..
2010 FLTRX - Stage 4 SE 113 - MVA Heads, 10.5:1, SE266E cams, 58mm TB, 5.3 gr/s injectors, Polished and plated motor and trans and a few chrome extras. Fullsac DX Header and Freedom Performance Classic 4" Slip-ons. Titan II 6.5 speakers with RF PBR300x2, Monroe Airshocks
1996 Tail dragin' Fatboy
Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Grumpy View Post
Sorry guys... I know im on a roll with questions today. Its just that im on the verge of making my decision and needless to say, want to spend my $$$ wisely AND have an end result that I'm happy with ...

Right now, my bike is bone stock. Zilch, nada.
other that my Windvest shield and a cup hoder .

I want to have a nice looking Black exhaust , increase the engine's performance and lessen the heat ...
But do I need to end up with a loud exhaust ?
The stock Honda Shadow sound it now has is not what I want but neither is a loud Glass-Pack-like exhaust (remember those?) that wakes up my neighbrs each morning as I drive off to work at 6:30 am .
My exhaust needs to be a nice smooth rumble for those long trips my bike was made for...
I want ... no... I need it to perform as well as sound just a few decibels above stock...

Can somebody help me please...
Check out the Supertrapp Stout slip ons. At 2,000 rpm, they are only 2.3 db louder compared to the stock mufflers. I installed them on my 12 RGU along with the SE ventilator AC . I'm very pleased with the hp/torque increase and the sound is great W/O being obnoxious.

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_se...t.asp?CatID=85
Old 11-07-2012, 02:54 AM

Hands down Drago's bike works! Give frank a call there, his systems are simply the BEST! They are ceramic coated inside and out, powder coated heat shields sit off the pipes enough and the color is a deeper darker shinier black pipe that nobody else offers. And it will stay that way!!!! youtube his exhaust or go to his website he has sound bites up there. his pipes are deep, aggressive sounding, very mild at cruising, and BARK when you crack open the throttle! His pricing is also very aggressive! Best pipes ever!