Need Advise from the EXPERTS!!! - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > ECM/Fuel Management systems

ECM/Fuel Management systems ECM/Fuel Management systems For Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Hangaround

Default Need Advise from the EXPERTS!!!

Here is the simple set up 2012 RGU, Stock Header with CAT Removed and Vance & Hines Twin Slash Cut Rounds Slip -ons. Am getting pinging and feels choked. The only other Mod I plan to do is go to High Flow A/C. What do you guys think the best Fuel Mngmt System for my set up would be without overkill. Only want my bike running with optimum mid Torque for 2 up riding. Was looking into the PowerVision????? Overkill or not ???? Or will FuelPak do the Trick????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Life Member

While the Fuelpak works for some there is so much more you can do with the PV that it is hard to beat. One item which you are already concerned with is pinging. The Fuelpak does not allow for changes to the Ignition Timing if that is whats needed to tame your pinging issue.

Do a search on the PV and you will have hours of good reading and happy users telling of their experience with it. Maybe worth call to Fuel-Moto to discuss before making your purchase.

I have used the PCV, the EJK Unit by Dobeck and now the PV, hands down the PV is my choice. But for the record, I am by no means an expert on the subject, just giving my 2 cents worth.
2012 RGU / Big Blue Pearl / Woods TW222 Cams / Fuel Moto Ceramic 2-1-2 Headpipe / Fuel Moto 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers / Fuel Moto Stage 1 A/C / Power Vision Tuner / Heritage Bars / Seat Mod by MCC /Rider and Passenger Bead Riders / BAL Tail Light / 12" & 14" Windvest / Sancho's wings / Iron Aces Phone Mount / Rear Fascia Upgrade / Avon Grips / Mean Mug by Gas Capital Customs
Old 11-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Hangaround

Smile

While I now have the Power Vision because I intend more engine mods I did have Fuelpak on my last FLTRU with dresser duals,monster ovals and a hf air filter I never had any issues with pinging the only problem I had with original numbers from Vance and Hines was a slight hesitation off idle. The bike ran great lots of power and got 40-42 mpg @70mph two up
Old 11-07-2012, 08:53 AM

I have the same setup you have and tried all the tricks to get rid of the pinging,
removed the cat, inline enrichment devices, etc.I finally broke down and installed a PV. This cured all the problems ,no ping, better throttle response ,the bike runs cooler and doesn't go into parade mod while driving in traffic as often.
this also divorces you from the dealer and will allow you to do future upgrades .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.