Gps - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > GPS

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Hangaround

Default Gps

Looking for a GPS that I can see the screen on during the day, I thought about buying The Garmin Zumo 665 until I read a lot of negatives on Amazon from folks that have purchased these.
Any suggestions on a GPS with a screen visible during the day if there is such a machine would be greatly appreciated.
2000 FLTR, Mikuni HSR42, 2007 Swingarm, Andrews 26 cams, hydraulic cam chain tensioners, high output oil pump, 12" Monkey bars, HID headlights, custom dynamics LED's turn signals front and rear, tour pack LED's, LED brake light, Custom Dynamic brake turn module, 2007 turn signals, Cee Baily 26in windshield, Rockford Fosgate amp, JL speakers, Alpine head unit, detach king tour pack, custom painted by aggressive designs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Life Member

None are going to be visible in full sunlight. You can try to minimize the effect using a hood around the screen, but there will still be times when it's hard to see.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Prospect

I have the 665 on an Iron Aces mount and absolutely love it...

Sent from my XT907 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Prospect

I have used the 665 on several multi-thousand mile trips with no issues. Very seldom are you on a road straight enough and long enough that the screen will be washed out for the entire day.

I would take the Amazon reviewers with a grain of salt, and remember that you can't expect the same screen visibility on a motorcycle as you would inside of a car.

'12 RGU in BBP
Stuff done, more to come

'10 FLHP in Birch White (RIP)
Old 11-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Prospect

I also utilize the 665 with Iron Aces mount and have no problem. I did alter the mounting spaecers to get the angle that worked best for my riding position.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 AM

Just curious, when it talks to you....why would you care about looking at the screen? That's the reason I bought a "Talkie" in the first place....I don't want to be looking at a screen!
I'd take Amazon with a HUGE grain of salt if someone is shootin' down the Zumo. It's the best I saw when I did my research.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Life Member

Don't trust the reviews. Some of them are paid reviews, and they have to do so many negative reviews so their good reviews are taken seriously

EXAMPLE:
https://www.vindale.com/v/join3.jsp

Probably 1/4 of the reviews are from people who don't even own the product they are reviewing.

The 660 and 665 are both good units. As has been said there are times when the screen is a little hard to read......... I just make a shadow on it with my hand, and all is good.

But I would say that 95% of the time I can read it just fine without using my hand to shade it.

I would go with the Roadtech version....... just because it's black and looks better on the bike

...................... Ron..........................

........2011 Cool Blue Pearl FLTRX........
.............RoboGlide .............

Last edited by PGR; 11-09-2012 at 12:28 PM.