Proposed Shark Week in Maine, part 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > Road Glide Gathering > ARCHIVES-SWIII St. George, UT

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.
Default Proposed Shark Week in Maine, part 2

A couple weeks ago I had posted a thread to try to gauge the level of interest that the membership would have in attending a Shark Week in Maine/NH. This thread isn't about what has to be done to host SW4 in Maine or how it needs to be presented. We simply are trying to gauge the level of interest of the membership in attending an event in the White Mountains of Maine and New Hampshire.

We can promise:

- excellent mountainside lodging options at a reasonable rate (for New England in the summer time)

- extraordinary mountain views everywhere you look and opportunities to take a chairlift or gondola to the top of one of the area's major ski areas. Or for the more adventurous, take a zip line ride part way down the mountain

- roads to ride that will leave you breathless and will make you think about "calling in sick" and extending your vacation time here

- a day ride that will include a trip up the world famous Mt. Washington Auto Road for those who aren't faint of heart. Here's a sample: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13525622313414

- a day ride through the Lakes Region that's host to the oldest motorcycle rally in the U.S. - Laconia

- and an opportunity for you to enjoy some of Maines best seafood and lobster along with some wonderful craft beers

Please give us your thoughts as to whether you'd be interested in doing this as a National Shark Week Rally. Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited by Northwoods_Maine; 05-30-2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Forgot question mark in title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Having never been to Maine, I would enjoy attending a SW week there as well as helping with it.

I look forward to hearing all the proposals and voting at SWIII in Utah.

And an FYI to those wanting to host, here is the link on how to become a SW host.
HOW TO BECOME A SHARK WEEK HOST

05 RG 'Lymey'
11 RGU 'Clyde'
Old 11-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Life Member

I'm in. Like I said before if you need a stop over in CT on your way to Maine, I have a decent size backyard, an extra room, a big grill, and a ton of beer. Also a lot of cigars for those interested.

Northwoods, great idea on Maine. I would help anyway possible. Even if I have to take some day trips to Maine to help plan it...
Old 11-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Life Member

Put me in with the very interested group please
2012 RGU / Big Blue Pearl / Woods TW222 Cams / Fuel Moto Ceramic 2-1-2 Headpipe / Fuel Moto 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers / Fuel Moto Stage 1 A/C / Power Vision Tuner / Heritage Bars / Seat Mod by MCC /Rider and Passenger Bead Riders / BAL Tail Light / 12" & 14" Windvest / Sancho's wings / Iron Aces Phone Mount / Rear Fascia Upgrade / Avon Grips / Mean Mug by Gas Capital Customs
Old 11-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Hangaround

I would consider a Shark rally in NH. I've been to Laconia and the Kancamagus highway areas before and agree that NH offers riders great scenery for riders. Mt. Washington is a must for first timers. Figure out a date if the interest is there

I'd like the chance to get to meet Tracy and Frankie and see their incredible bikes in person.
My wife and I are planning a Nova Scotia trip for next year and will be going thru Maine and New Hampshire. Maybe we can plan the trip for the same time frame.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Life Member

i would be interested. never been to maine and would welcome the oportunity. thanks for the post

87hp 101tq
Contrast Chrome Agitators 19/18
Baggershield
Harley Hammock-Adj.Back Rest
King Tour Pac-Air Wing Rack(black)-Smoked LED-4 Pt.Dock-Black Latches & Hinges
Custom Dynamics LED's & Plazma Rods smoked front & rear with Magic Strobe
J&M 250w Fairing + Lower Rokkers
Saddlebag Bra
Hidden Multi-Color LEDs
Jagg Fan Assisted Oil Cooler
Kuryakyn Passenger detach. ArmRest & adj. pegs

Old 11-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Hangaround

I'm in I know i'm close but it would be great to meet good people in person
Old 11-09-2012, 12:39 PM

Nicely put I lived in Many States in the country and 3 different countries through the years and Maine is my favorite state, Northwoods is right about that. We have plenty of helpers and a incredible sate to have a rally. We are not looking for fame, more work or recognition, is just that we do not mind doing the work to share our pice of heaven with friends.

Last edited by GMAN SERGU; 11-09-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:54 PM

What about having a regional get together during Laconia Bike Week?

I'm being selfish because I'll already be there. But I agree- very beautiful riding country in New England.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Life Member

We're in, already been mentioned to the management and was not soundly denied so we're taking that as a go........