Cheap mod with big impact... - Page 4 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Road Glide Accessories

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-09-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDJaco View Post
I was told by a friend, who is a Harley trained mechanic, to stay away from that chrome baffle. He said it removes too much air flow to the engine which was told to him by a corporate guy that "knows his shit". Based on the improvement I feel so far, i think, that once Sanchos go on the wind issues will be gone.
Jay
These baffles (black or chrome) come on some bikes right from the factory and I have installed them on some of my touring bikes and not had any heat issues. They do alot to cut down on some of the wind issues too. I have it on my 2012 FLTRX now and don't have any heat issues. I used to be a HD Parts Mgr. "who most of the time knows his shit" and this like alot of other HD issues depends on who you are talking to. My philosophy.......don't knockem till you try em !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
They didn't give me mine when I bought my '11. They were one of the first things I did buy though, and I like them a lot.

Kind of a gross story, but one that showed me how well these work. I once coughed up a loogie that shot straight out of my mouth and that thing went towards the shield and then did a skyward 90* just before impact. Just launched straight to the clouds, was kinda cool.
That's just funny!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppa1 View Post
These baffles (black or chrome) come on some bikes right from the factory and I have installed them on some of my touring bikes and not had any heat issues. They do alot to cut down on some of the wind issues too. I have it on my 2012 FLTRX now and don't have any heat issues. I used to be a HD Parts Mgr. "who most of the time knows his shit" and this like alot of other HD issues depends on who you are talking to. My philosophy.......don't knockem till you try em !!
To be sure we are talking about the same thing, there is a chrome baffle which is horseshoe shaped, mounts to the forks and is one piece. This is the one I was told to stay away from. I also agree with your statement regarding who you are talking to at any given moment about anything. Much is opinion and conjecture. Just look at the varying opinions in regards to windshields!