Proposed Shark Week in Maine, part 2 - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > Road Glide Gathering > ARCHIVES-SWIII St. George, UT

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Shark of the Month October 13

Location: On the shore of a lake in the middle of nowhere with more moose than people for neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdkkart View Post
We're in, already been mentioned to the management and was not soundly denied so we're taking that as a go........
Yup, we all report to a "higher authority"!

The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyB View Post
Having never been to Maine, I would enjoy attending a SW week there as well as helping with it.

I look forward to hearing all the proposals and voting at SWIII in Utah.

And an FYI to those wanting to host, here is the link on how to become a SW host.
HOW TO BECOME A SHARK WEEK HOST
+1

Never been to Maine either... more than likely would get my vote.

BUT

I'm Looking forward to hearing the official proposals at SW3 this year.

Everyone has about 8 months to build their case why SW should be hosted in their area!!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Hangaround

I'm in as SW3 looks like I'm not going to be there due to not enough funds. I'd even consider a ride there this coming year
Old 11-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Wooden Nickel

I used to live in that part of the U.S. many years ago and can say that is some beautiful country. My first SW will be this year and it happens to only be 800 miles each way. I had a prior engagement last year and couldn't make it to SWII. I know I can't make them all and that's ok. People might get tired of seeing me that much anyway. lol It will be nice to hear all the proposals at SWIII and see how it pans out. Best of luck to everyone making a bid. Kudos to those that have enough gumption to want to host one!!
Old 11-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Life Member

Maine sounds like a great idea!

I'm just a lowly forum member, but I will say I'm opposed to the notion of someone having to be in attendance at the current SW in order to make a presentation/pitch for the next one. Sounds like a sure-fire way to miss out on some great locations.

Rather, I'd like to see that every proposal be given the courtesy of equal consideration. If the would-be host can't attend they should assign a proxy to do the presenting. I would say that every serious proposal should have a presentation.

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.

Last edited by pargenz; 11-09-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:20 PM

I did NH and Maine three summers ago on my Road King. The new RGU would love those roads. I would be very interested.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pargenz View Post
..... I'd like to see that every proposal be given the courtesy of equal consideration. If the would-be host can't attend they should assign a proxy to do the presenting. I would say that every serious proposal should have a presentation.
That is actually what we are planning at SW III. Northwoods and Gman only need to send a rep or proxy. They're not disqualified simply because the distance is too great for them to attend personally. (BTW we do have a Mainer that's signed on for SW III) The plan is for all presentations to be given equal time and equal weight - and decided upon by those who are most likely to be attending future events. Obviously it would be an advantage for the main player or players to be present for Q & A purposes, but I don't see why a rep or remote connect can't do that. It's also important that one bidding to be a host experience what goes on at Shark Week, have some knowledge of what is expected, and for the membership to make sure we don't hand the event to some lunkhead that we only know by his forum postings. Gman has been to the first two Shark Weeks, so he knows what the deal is (and he's not a lunkhead). I'm not too sure about Northwoods, though.

As for me personally, 3400 miles ain't too much for me. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd like to hear from some more potential hosts, though. Some of the Texas boys mentioned the possibility, there has been talk about Arkansas, and I think HOGWILD threw out the possibility of North Carolina, an area I'd be particularly interested in, as well as Maine.

Last edited by Stray Mutt; 11-09-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Grey beard

Count me in, I would love to ride up that way....
12" WV, KW 2+2 Sweepers, ISO Grips, Jackpot Headers/Rush Slip-ons,Ventilator S/E Breather PCV, Alpine 149BT W/ Ipod , HW RS400 & CS300, HW 654's & Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5's up front and HW 654's in TourPak Pods.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Wooden Nickel

Those that can't be present can Skipe us on a Big Screen so they can answer questions.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooden Nickel View Post
Those that can't be present can Skipe us on a Big Screen so they can answer questions.
Actually that is something that I'm planning on working into SW3... A live internet fed / teleconference cam for the folks that cant make it. Its right up my alley!!!

Some really good locations be tossed around for SW4... going to be a hard decision for sure!!

Last edited by AppDan; 11-09-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.