Air Wing or Premium Luggage Rack - Page 3 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Equipment-RG

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-09-2012, 08:04 PM

Ok, I went with the Air Wing and light. I will add the brighter rear lights later. Thanks for the help and pics. Installed it my self and had no problems wit the instal. Made me a little tool with 3/16 copper rod and a rubber washer that I used for checking all of side to side and front to rear points to make sure it was lined up and centered. I got tired of trying to measure from the mounting posts to a curved edge. The tool saved me a lot of time and agony.

The pics you guys posted really helped, so thanks.
2013 FLTRU, Jackpot 2/1/2 Stainless Ceramic Coated Head Pipes, Fuelmoto Stage 1 Intake, Power Vision, Jackpot Full Size Ceramic Crossover, MADSTAD 16" Windshield, Motolight Running Lights, Nostalgic Rails, Airhawk R, Hayden Primary Tensioner, V&H Roland Sands Slant Slip-Ons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
Ok, I went with the Air Wing and light. I will add the brighter rear lights later. Thanks for the help and pics. Installed it my self and had no problems wit the instal. Made me a little tool with 3/16 copper rod and a rubber washer that I used for checking all of side to side and front to rear points to make sure it was lined up and centered. I got tired of trying to measure from the mounting posts to a curved edge. The tool saved me a lot of time and agony.

The pics you guys posted really helped, so thanks.
Can you send me the tool, I'm gonna put one on my bike lol...I actually had the airwing on my 2010 installed before I picked it up. I'm gonna go with the same one on this bike but I don't know if i'll bother with the lights on this one.
2013 Roadglide Ultra, Big Blue Pearl. Madstad 13 inch windshield, KSTKustoms 16 inch 'Mayhem' apes, Mustang lowdown seat, Ohlins 2-2a rear shocks, Comfort rear crash bars, Airwing tourpak rack, 360 adjustable highway pegs, 'bright ass light' taillight, Boom speakers and amp, Daymaker headlight, Motolights running lights...buncha other crap
Old 12-18-2012, 06:53 AM

I went ahead and did the light. I had a buddy get hit from the rear at a stoplight. Now I want all the light I can get back their.

I'll have to send you the tool. 3/16 copper wire with a faucet washer slid on. Great for symmetry measurements.

I need all the help I can get if you know what I mean.
2013 FLTRU, Jackpot 2/1/2 Stainless Ceramic Coated Head Pipes, Fuelmoto Stage 1 Intake, Power Vision, Jackpot Full Size Ceramic Crossover, MADSTAD 16" Windshield, Motolight Running Lights, Nostalgic Rails, Airhawk R, Hayden Primary Tensioner, V&H Roland Sands Slant Slip-Ons
Old 12-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Prospect

Will the light only fit on the Air Wing rack or Premium too?

Like Captain said, I like the increased visibility. I know it's not much but you can't trust cages these days...

Old 12-18-2012, 05:23 PM

Only fits on the Air Wing. No mount for the Premium. Both racks are about the same size. I like them both but chose the wing because I had one one my last bike and liked it.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Prospect

For rear visibility, get a Brite Ass Lights tail light. My BAL-1 will light up the neighborhood at night and is very visible in daylight. The faint lighting at eye level of the air wing is more or less a sales gimmick in my mind, not a true visibility improvement. My own favorite for appearance is the premium rack, not the air wing. Right now I don't have any rack at all but touring season is pretty much over for me. I am thinking about going with the black premium rack. I am down playing the chrome on my ride and that glossy black one appeals to me. I already have the glossy black mirrors with the extra reach stems.
Added equipment was a stage 1 HD air cleaner, a Cee Baileys windshield and a turn out boot heel guard. I also went with the BAL1 tail light MOD. You can never be too safe with lighting. Now I am riding a Vision with minor mods to give me this.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Prospect

Man, they sure do want a lot of money for a couple of LEDs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.