Proposed Shark Week in Maine, part 2 - Page 5 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > Road Glide Gathering > ARCHIVES-SWIII St. George, UT

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-11-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
As I've said before, doesn't really matter where it is, if I can make the arrangements, I'll be there. Further away just means more of an adventure. As far as a North Carolina Shark Week, I still feel that I'd need some serious assistance and/or leadership from someone closer to the target area. I'm just too far away to do it right, so I'm officially calling out anyone on the western end of the state that may have an interest. Be it for next year or further in the future. Rest assured that we can make it happen at some point but may not have things in place for a 2013 proposal. My hats off to anyone that has the chops to pull one of though. It's obviously a lot of work. Look forward to Utah and future Shark Weeks.

Sounds like Medic-Tim needs to stand up to the plate.....I would love to help putting one together in NC, I'm only a few hundred miles away.
12" WV, KW 2+2 Sweepers, ISO Grips, Jackpot Headers/Rush Slip-ons,Ventilator S/E Breather PCV, Alpine 149BT W/ Ipod , HW RS400 & CS300, HW 654's & Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5's up front and HW 654's in TourPak Pods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13

I appreciate your interest and willingness to take on such a responsibility. As you know there are many things to consider and this is not an easy task. Members like you make this forum great....
Old 11-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWild View Post
As I've said before, doesn't really matter where it is, if I can make the arrangements, I'll be there. Further away just means more of an adventure. As far as a North Carolina Shark Week, I still feel that I'd need some serious assistance and/or leadership from someone closer to the target area. I'm just too far away to do it right, so I'm officially calling out anyone on the western end of the state that may have an interest. Be it for next year or further in the future. Rest assured that we can make it happen at some point but may not have things in place for a 2013 proposal. My hats off to anyone that has the chops to pull one of though. It's obviously a lot of work. Look forward to Utah and future Shark Weeks.
I'm not much if any (about 5 hrs.) closer then you Richard but have made numerous trips to the area and know some real tasty roads. I'll be more then happy to help and do what I can when the time arises. The riding is so good there the rally eventually has to be held there, the only variable is time

The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real

Last edited by Quicksand; 11-11-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusBarkley View Post
You can't make it to Maine from Kentucky, without a pit stop in NJ.
I'll leave a light on for ya'.
Oh yeah, if I make a trip to the northeast I havta take the scenic route through the Garden State. A 7-800 mile leg to Jersey would be a good first day. I'm hoping to go to Laconia next year if I can scrounge some days off between Texas and Utah.

Speaking of Texas Rufus why don't you dust off the winter cobwebs next spring and come on down to the Hill Country in April

The beach is a place where a man can feel He's the only soul in the world thats real

Last edited by Quicksand; 11-11-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
There are many of us that like to ride so much if we started a four corner rotation and had it in a different corner of the country each year we'd be there.
Thinkin' about it a 4 corner rally may be somethin cool to consider in the future. If SW IV is in Maine SW V could be in say Key West or San Diego, maybe Washington state. I know probably won't happen. Centrally located is better, just spit ballin'.

I do think SW X should return to the scene of the crime, Gettysburg. Course by then my old ass will either be dead or in the corner droolin' LL

Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
...I do think SW X should return to the scene of the crime, Gettysburg. ....
Aw geez, Gettysburg? That place is just too far and too hot.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Mutt View Post
Aw geez, Gettysburg? That place is just too far and too hot.
Ron - you mind if I "steal" your SW3 banner and use it in my sig as well? I've taken a liken to it!!

D.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmize View Post
Ron - you mind if I "steal" your SW3 banner and use it in my sig as well? I've taken a liken to it!!

D.
Be my guest, Dan. Anyone else is welcome to it, also. Anything that helps spread the word on Shark Week is a good thing.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Grey beard

[QUOTE=Northwoods_Maine;330390] I originally thought of proposing an Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor area rally, but you'd have to do that in Sept. to make it at all affordable or fun, and I guess there are quite a few on here who depend on the rallys being held in the summer months due to kids or job issues.

./QUOTE]
I'm a big time National Parks fan, been to over 80 in the last 5 years.

I'd come to Maine in the summer for a SW. In fact I'm considering making my annual "biggun" tour to Acadia in June. If your proposal picks up steam and it looks like y'all might host it I'll wait a year to venture up that way, I'd work in a couple of days at the park before or after the gathering. If Texas doesn't host one, I selfishly hope y'all get the gig.

I've got about 2 miles of Maine concrete under my wheels, enough to color in Maine on my states ridden in patch. I spent a few days in New England- mostly in NH and Vermont, in Oct. 2008 and really enjoyed it up there. The Red Socks were playing TB in the ALCS while I was up there and I gotta tell ya, you people are NUTS about your baseball! You'd think it was football or something LMAO.

I was really able to throw out my ignorant stereotypes I had about New Englanders, highlight the word IGNORANT. Y'all are pretty much just like we are here in Texas, except y'all talk funny.

'03 Deuce: 87k miles and counting, '11 RGU: 60k miles and counting. Celebrating 40 years in the saddle in 2014.

Last edited by Andyman; 11-12-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Life Member

[QUOTE=Andyman;331391]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods_Maine View Post
I've got about 2 miles of Maine concrete under my wheels, enough to color in Maine on my states ridden in patch. I spent a few days in New England- mostly in NH and Vermont, in Oct. 2008 and really enjoyed it up there.

The Red Socks were playing TB in the ALCS while I was up there and I gotta tell ya, you people are NUTS about your baseball! You'd think it was football or something LMAO.

I was really able to throw out my ignorant stereotypes I had about New Englanders, highlight the word IGNORANT. Y'all are pretty much just like we are here in Texas, except y'all talk funny.
ANDYMAN: Go Pats! Celtics and for the Red Sox.... Call it the way it is... They suck! Got to love them or hate them cause there is no middle ground.
As the riding goes in New England. We call it Gods country. Coastal, Mountain and lakes riding with twisty country roads for hundreds of miles.
If SW IV selection is New England, there is no reason why as a MA. member, I can't help in some way. (Married my youngest daughter off last Summer and should be recovered by 2013 to buy gas and a beer.) BLFM