Pay by the Mile-- California Sucks! - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > General Forum Discussions > General Off-Topic Discussions

General Off-Topic Discussions Non-Road Glide Topics

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Life Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Shrug

Rick Perry did the same to us in north Texas when the Hwy 121 extension was deemed a toll road after having been funded by taxpayers years before. He waited till after he was re-elected to start collecting tolls.
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Life Member

BDM, Thanks for the info. I'm sure there will be more to come for us here in California.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:43 PM

This, after the PRC just voted to raise income and sales taxes... Awesome!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMike View Post
Do motorcycles also have to pay? I thought m/c can use car pool and HOV lanes, just not positive. I couldn't find any info on the links.
Mike
HOV is okay; toll is different as I understand it. Extortion at government's best. Gonna get worse, folks. Asking government to spend responsibly is like asking an alcoholic to drink responsibly.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Life Member

Of all the states, you'd think this wouldn't fly in Cali. I mean, the ACLU should be stepping up to say it's discriminatory against the poor folks who can't afford tolls.

Seriously, that sucks. Just like the airlines who now charge a premium to pre-board.

You imagine me sipping champagne from your boot for a taste of your elegant pride.
I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe... but at least I'm enjoying the ride!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pargenz View Post
Of all the states, you'd think this wouldn't fly in Cali. I mean, the ACLU should be stepping up to say it's discriminatory against the poor folks who can't afford tolls.

Seriously, that sucks. Just like the airlines who now charge a premium to pre-board.
No, in our fair state it would be determined that those who work should pay the toll for those less fortunate. We now have a "super-majority" that will have the opportunity to raise taxes and veto efforts to not do so. Gonna get worse. Those who make money in CA are fleeing by the droves. We still have amazing riding weather year-round, so I'm not gone yet...
Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM

If your on a bike "its free" so who cares? Yeah, in my cage it costs but it sure is worth the money when your running late.

Leonard
Old 11-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3analyst View Post
If your on a bike "its free" so who cares? Yeah, in my cage it costs but it sure is worth the money when your running late.

Leonard
Cali pols love you. $$$ to spend to just drive and no complaints to do so (if you are late/whatever).

Used to be/should be that these are "public" roads; equally accessible to all and built with our tax bucks. I love to ride, but hate that we are being extorted for roads that our tax dollars already payed for. Just my .02; open the door and there will be more money taken in the future if the politicians can pull it off.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrug View Post
Rick Perry did the same to us in north Texas when the Hwy 121 extension was deemed a toll road after having been funded by taxpayers years before. He waited till after he was re-elected to start collecting tolls.
I hear ya loud and clear Shrug. I drive a lot for work and live close to the intersections of both 121 and the North Dallas Tollway. My monthly Tolltag expenses average between $200-$250. FYI, even though you can write it off as a business expense, a loss is a loss and I don't need no more loses
2012 RGU / Big Blue Pearl / Woods TW222 Cams / Fuel Moto Ceramic 2-1-2 Headpipe / Fuel Moto 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers / Fuel Moto Stage 1 A/C / Power Vision Tuner / Heritage Bars / Seat Mod by MCC /Rider and Passenger Bead Riders / BAL Tail Light / 12" & 14" Windvest / Sancho's wings / Iron Aces Phone Mount / Rear Fascia Upgrade / Avon Grips / Mean Mug by Gas Capital Customs
Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMastiff View Post
This program begins today. If you live in So. Cal and want to avoid traffic you can pay between $0.25-$1.40 PER MILE to avoid it. If you're caught in the Fastrack lane without paying the toll you will be fined in excess of $300.00. Just another way to take money from the taxpayers who originally paid for the highway they're now taxing.... opps, it's a fee, not a tax... I call B.S!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-freeway-.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMike View Post
Do motorcycles also have to pay? I thought m/c can use car pool and HOV lanes, just not positive. I couldn't find any info on the links.
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDMastiff View Post
I'm not clear about motorcycles or HOV's. I think we need to get the transponder and put $40 in an account but I'm not positive.
The Toll applies to car that have solo drivers. Carpools amd motorcycles are still allowed to use the lanes and be "Toll Free". They just must have the FasTrak transponder.
This is an answer to the question about Motorcycles posted on the FasTrak FAQ web page.

I drive a motorcycle; do I have to pay a toll? Will I need FasTrakŪ?
Motorcycles do not have to pay a toll, but do need to have FasTrakŪ. The FasTrakŪ should always be set to 3+.

Vietnam Veteran, PGR, Widow's Son, "lIgh tlhab" (Ride Free)