Dropped the bike! Lessons and a warning - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Shark of the Month July 13

I was taught in the motorcycle class that I took to keep my hands on the grips and feet on the floorboards. Less damage will be done to the rider and as for the passenger keep your hands on the drivers tits and feet on the floorboards / pegs. If you grab the drivers ribs you could hurt them. I am to drunk to tell you anything more than makes sense, but I am glad to "read" you are all 3 okay if I remember I'll reply with something better for advice tomorrow, but I doubt it. Praise Jesus!! Amen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 PM

Because of the chemo i'm weaker, I dropped mine like 3 times in two months so I bought the trike set up. But out of all the times I dropped it I only picked it up alone once. The last two times I had help, thats when I decided to get the insta-trike, so it wouldn't happen again. After this treatment is over hopefully within about six months after i'll have enough balls to take the trike off. Good to hear you and the missus's are all ok.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Chainsaw View Post
Less damage will be done to the rider and as for the passenger keep your hands on the drivers tits and feet on the floorboards / pegs. I am to drunk to tell you anything more than makes sense, but I am glad to "read" you are all 3 okay if I remember I'll reply with something better for advice tomorrow, but I doubt it. Praise Jesus!! Amen
I've decided to drink more and ride bitch from here on out.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Administrator

This is my second bike with the EZ up, after a near drop in a similar situation, I always have the passenger get off before I put it on the stand, don't know if it would've helped.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Shark of the Month July 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullhorr View Post
I've decided to drink more and ride bitch from here on out.
You can't ride bitch when your on your own bike thats impossible!!!! Or is it?!?!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 PM

Glad you, the wife, and the bike are ok! All you can do is say 'woops" and move on. And yeah, there's not much that can make you feel more stupid than dropping your bike, huh? LOL Been there, just not with this bike. Only ever dropped my 1st bike.

For those that don't know, here is the proper way to lift a bike....

If SHE can lift a Batwing.. we men can lift our bikes :-)

Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Grey beard

Glad to hear you and the old lady are ok and so is the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

GLIDE OR DIE!!
TWO WHEEL MICHIGAN
Old 11-12-2012, 09:28 PM

Just about had my mind made up to buy a center stand...think I'll pass. Sounds like they're too much trouble!!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Life Member With a Grey Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Joe View Post
Just about had my mind made up to buy a center stand...think I'll pass. Sounds like they're too much trouble!!!!
Too much trouble? Because it's so hard to check for uneven ground? Really? You have to make sure to have good ground when putting down the stock jiffy! Love my EZ-up. Hey; it's your choice on the center stand, but if one person's report of a minor error (and explanation thereof) keeps you from getting a center stand, you are waaaay too timid.

Shoot; people crash on motorcycles; not gonna keep me from riding.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharknoseScott View Post
Too much trouble? Because it's so hard to check for uneven ground? Really? You have to make sure to have good ground when putting down the stock jiffy! Love my EZ-up. Hey; it's your choice on the center stand, but if one person's report of a minor error (and explanation thereof) keeps you from getting a center stand, you are waaaay too timid.

Shoot; people crash on motorcycles; not gonna keep me from riding.
+1 on the above comment! Don't let my little mistake dissuade you from buying an EZ-Up stand - they are great! Just sharing my mistake so others can learn from it. With even a little care my drop could have easily been avoided. If it was in any way the stands fault I would remove it. I love the EZ-Up center stand. It allows my wife to easily get on and off the bike. Before that it was hard on her bad hips.