Khrome Werks stretch Heritage bars - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Controls & Handlebars

Controls & Handlebars Controls and Handlebars for Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Hangaround

Default Khrome Werks stretch Heritage bars

Ok, so I installed the Khrome Werks stretch Heritage bars p/n 300043 ($60 shipped). The install went ok.......not to bad all i all. Only thing I don't like is the clutch cable.......with it run through the stock location in the plastic shroud the cable is stretched to the max (tight)......I re-routed it outside of the shroud and forward of the crashbar.......now it seems like the cable is "out there" and loose......I could see it possibly hanging up on something (not sure it ever would but its a possibility) during a hard left or right (stop to stop) turn. So now I'm wondering if I should buy a +2 or +4 clutch cable and replace it so I can run it through the stock location?

I did not replace the throttle sensor......instead I opted for a Barnett 12" throttle-by-wire extension........cost was like $30 shipped. Seems to work just fine. Oh, I used electrical tape and wrapped the connections so as to help keep them from pulling apart just as an extra measure of security.

I did use the rotary file and notch the ignition switch housing to allow access for the lower clamp bolts........easy peasy......I would recommend doing that over pulling the ignition switch. If you do it right the notches are not visible when the instrument cluster is installed. I've pulled the ignition switch before and its not all that difficult but its a step I won't have to do to mess with the handlebars again.

The only other thing I would do different is........if it ever comes apart again I will remove the wiring harness for the heated grips.......I don't ever plan on installing heated grips and pulling 2 extra connectors through the bars made the entire job just that more difficult. The bars I installed are dimpled and it was a very tight fit.

I wish the new bars had the holes drilled for the factory cable clamps to install.......if I had noticed that before I installed them I might have tried to drill them myself.

All in all I'm happy with the install and am looking forward to my next long ride to give these baby's a try.

'05 FLTRI, Stage 1 setup and gear driven cams installed.
'12 FLTRU, Stage 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 09:50 AM

Have you got a pic of these on the bike? I have the HD heritage style. Looking for something a little higher and a little more pull back.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
Have you got a pic of these on the bike? I have the HD heritage style. Looking for something a little higher and a little more pull back.
Sorry Dude.......no pictures yet.........I will post some when I get a chance.

'12 FLTRU, Stage 1.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:50 AM

I am looking form something that will be about has high as the top of the radio. Are these close to that?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
I am looking form something that will be about has high as the top of the radio. Are these close to that?
Sorry, still no pictures. Yes they are almost to the top of the radio......if I rotated them up they would be higher but I wanted them to come back some.

Hope that helps

'12 FLTRU, Stage 1.