Thoughts on the CFR slip ons - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Intake and Exhaust

Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides
Sponsored by: Cobra

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 11-13-2012, 05:19 AM

Yeah any tuner will work with them, and they give the tuner a hard time on the dyno. they are really difficult pipes to tune, sould be at a 13.4 AFR [air fule ratio] I believe they put the disclaimer up after I returned my first set of CFR pipes because they discolored only after 2 weeks of them on the bike with no other mods. they sound the best but on the other hand hard to tune, and don't make the highest numbers on the dyno. But i'll gladly accept that because I love having other harley guys always coming upt to me asking what pipes i have
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 05:25 AM

Richie I ordered my first set in chrome after about a week and half on the bike both pipes turned yellow all the way down the pipes and started to blue BAD! Was very displeased with them, called the co. I bought them thru and told me to speak to CFR owner Cary Faas, gave me his number. After speaking to him back in July he was shocked that retailers were selling his pipes and saying they are slip on's with no tuner required. he said regardless of mods on the bike that the pipes would require a tuner to prevent the bike running lean and discoloring the pipes. thier open flow thru design makes them diff. to tune but that is on any open pipe, very little back pressure. The trade off to that is a diff. sound, louder note that sounds like nothing else
Old 11-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Life Member

Damn, thanks man. Appreciate the info. Was hoping to avoid getting new tuner at this point. Decisions decisions.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Grey beard

I have a Power Vision tuner and with the auto tune feature it will tune the CFR's to the bike. The tune that Fuel Moto sent me with the PV works well too. The Auto Tune just fine tunes it even further. I've had no problems with my CFR's at all. The only thing I have notice is that you will lose a little bottom end. I know guys on this forum have installed a washer at the end of the head pipe just in front of where the muffler clamps on and that is supposed to bring back the bottom end that was lost. Or you can install new cams.
2012 FLTRX Denim Black,Stock head pipe with Cat removed w/ Jackpot 4" black slash up slip-ons. power vision, Fuel Moto pro billet A/C, Woods TW-222's, 12" Klock Werks . Sanchos Wings. Khrome werks 2+2 Handlebars.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Life Member

I was gonna go with a PC 5. How much more is the powervision?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Shark of the Month August 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRichMRMC View Post
I was gonna go with a PC 5. How much more is the powervision?
PC-V $300 vs PV $500......through Fuel Moto anyway

I've always run the thundermax on my bikes, this time I thought I'd try something different. I'm running a Fuel Moto power vision, it works. But if I were to go way from thundermax again, I'd run a PC-V, personally. Although not an auto tune unit, for $300 I'd say you more than get what you pay for.

I don't have the Power Vision mounted on my bike, so there's a lot of unused features.....but I'm not into the display part so it is what it is

Just my $.02
Old 11-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Life Member

Sounds like my needs are more along the lines of yours. PC5 it is.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:23 PM
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

I love my CFR's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got'em installed last winter and people are always asking what kind of pipes they are...I just smile and say "just something I found on the net..." Love the DEEP rumble... And mine are on a stock set-up as well..for now that is!! Grabbing some sort of breather and a tuner of some sort this winter might even throw in a SE259E Cam kit...
Old 11-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHI_TOWN View Post
I love my CFR's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got'em installed last winter and people are always asking what kind of pipes they are...I just smile and say "just something I found on the net..." Love the DEEP rumble... And mine are on a stock set-up as well..for now that is!! Grabbing some sort of breather and a tuner of some sort this winter might even throw in a SE259E Cam kit...

so you never tuned your engine after the CFR's? Have they turned yellowish or blueing at all ?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Prospect

They did what I guess they call a "re-map" of my bike and I know I am not running lean. If anything I may be a tad rich. I see it in the end of my pipes and hear it when I de-cel real hard or gas it up as I do when taken off or down shifting cause I love to hear those damn pipes. Like someone before me in this thread said, everyone is always asking me what kind of pipes are those. I dont have any dicoloration and I have over 10k on my pipes. I also have a buddy who put new X-pipe hdrs and my stock pipes with the CAT removed sound just as good even with his 110 to my 103.